Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby cluelessmama » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:30 am

vlim wrote:not too sure about gep CL but for gep HCL all centres should be taking the same paper and it is diff from mainstream HCL paper.. a bit more 'challenging' I supposed. If u are referring to p5 gep hcl test, my ds said quite difficult... :roll:

IC. DD's is p4 GEP HCL :D

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Zann » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:33 am

vlim wrote:
not too sure about gep CL but for gep HCL all centres should be taking the same paper and it is diff from mainstream HCL paper.. a bit more 'challenging' I supposed. If u are referring to p5 gep hcl test, my ds said quite difficult... :roll:

Any advice which Chinese Language enrichment/tuition centre cater for such difficulty level?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby vlim » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:45 am

Zann wrote:Any advice which Chinese Language enrichment/tuition centre cater for such difficulty level?

for my p2 dd and p5 gep ds, I engage a private home tutor..they have their lesson one after another... see some improvement in my ds chinese essay... but my ds is a 'grumbler', he grumbles on any tuition which he need to attend ..(btw he only got chinese tuition..the rest are wushu and piano lessons which he also classifies as tuition) :|

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Neko » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:05 pm

cluelessmama wrote:
musette wrote:My dd said she'll definitely fail cos she had just enough time to finish the paper (only 30 min given!!) and didn't have time to check. Previously she always had plenty of time to check her answers. :cry:

According to kid, they increased the no of pages to 8 this year.

dd is very happy with the increase in questions (new format ?) -- reason being the marks are 'spreaded out' (if she gets a question wrong, less marks are decucted). she found the practice paper (last yr's HCL unit test) difficult and got penalised dearly in the compre section (cos that section alone took up 26 marks!). dd was utterly shocked at the std of that paper and kept telling me she wants to drop HCL next yr.

luckily she found the new format unit test for this yr easier. she has gotten back her unit test paper (teacher who is from another class mark very fast!).

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby syshi » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:45 pm

just got 13 of the books from Library... Most of the books already in a sorry state... Maybe 1 or 2 yrs later will be sold off...

cluelessmama wrote:
vlim wrote:you can get quite a number of them at kinokuniya..children gifted reader section :D

Thank you very much! muack....

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:15 pm

syshi wrote:just got 13 of the books from Library... Most of the books already in a sorry state... Maybe 1 or 2 yrs later will be sold off...

cluelessmama wrote:
vlim wrote:you can get quite a number of them at kinokuniya..children gifted reader section :D

u borrow 13 bks :shock: one bk one day? we can only borrow the bks for 14 days right?

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Blobbi » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Hi All,

Can someone tell me what AMEC or AMEP is?

Tks!

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cluelessmama » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:56 pm

Neko wrote:
cluelessmama wrote:
musette wrote:My dd said she'll definitely fail cos she had just enough time to finish the paper (only 30 min given!!) and didn't have time to check. Previously she always had plenty of time to check her answers. :cry:

According to kid, they increased the no of pages to 8 this year.

dd is very happy with the increase in questions (new format ?) -- reason being the marks are 'spreaded out' (if she gets a question wrong, less marks are decucted). she found the practice paper (last yr's HCL unit test) difficult and got penalised dearly in the compre section (cos that section alone took up 26 marks!). dd was utterly shocked at the std of that paper and kept telling me she wants to drop HCL next yr.

luckily she found the new format unit test for this yr easier. she has gotten back her unit test paper (teacher who is from another class mark very fast!).

That is fast! Just asked kid about the results and she says teacher has not mentioned anything.

BTW, how does you DD's class fair in general? Since I've not seen the paper, I wonder if it's really "challenging" than mainstream HCL paper. Hmm. :?

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cluelessmama » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:58 pm

syshi wrote:just got 13 of the books from Library... Most of the books already in a sorry state... Maybe 1 or 2 yrs later will be sold off...

cluelessmama wrote:

13? wow, that's a lot! u must have spent a long time at the library searching for all the books. :udaman:

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby CoffeeCat » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:18 pm

Blobbi wrote:Hi All,

Can someone tell me what AMEC or AMEP is?

Tks!

If i am not wrong AMEC stands for advanced mathematics enrichment club. I don't know whether its exclusively-gep only but i know they do math competition training.

CoffeeCat
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP