35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby Blobbi » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Tks CoffeeCat!

They told me it's different from the school curriculum and fun? Is this an after school enrichment programme, like a CCA? They never mentioned any competitions!

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mathsparks » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:27 pm

yes, you're right coffeecat. criteria/name differs from school to school. some requires kids to do a selection test beforehand. some restricts to gepers while others dont.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Blobbi » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:35 pm

Tks mathsparks.

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby syshi » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:29 pm

3wks each time with option to renew another 3wks without additional charges. Each time can borrow 6 books each member...

vlim wrote:
syshi wrote:just got 13 of the books from Library... Most of the books already in a sorry state... Maybe 1 or 2 yrs later will be sold off...

cluelessmama wrote:
vlim wrote:you can get quite a number of them at kinokuniya..children gifted reader section :D

Thank you very much! muack....

u borrow 13 bks :shock: one bk one day? we can only borrow the bks for 14 days right?

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby syshi » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:33 pm

all within half an hour... Split the searching with my wife.. The library ref using J to reference for Junior (9 to 12 yrs???). Then using the first 3 characters of the surname... Quite easy to find.. Went through Cheng San, Library this afternoon...

BTW, anyone can confirm whether after reading, anything to follow up? Summarize the story? Or else how the teacher know whether they read?

cluelessmama wrote:
syshi wrote:just got 13 of the books from Library... Most of the books already in a sorry state... Maybe 1 or 2 yrs later will be sold off...

cluelessmama wrote:
vlim wrote:you can get quite a number of them at kinokuniya..children gifted reader section :D

Thank you very much! muack....

13? wow, that's a lot! u must have spent a long time at the library searching for all the books. :udaman:

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mathsparks » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:10 pm

dont be so gancheong, syshi. See my reply here:

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 920#136920

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby syshi » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:48 pm

Thanks Mathsparks. I know not compulsary. But aside from getting the kid to read more, no other purpose? Anyway, just kiasu to get him to read more... Got 6 weeks time...

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:46 pm

syshi wrote:Thanks Mathsparks. I know not compulsary. But aside from getting the kid to read more, no other purpose? Anyway, just kiasu to get him to read more... Got 6 weeks time...

no ... the teacher will not check with them whether they read any (if i am not wrong)..Heard from my son most of the recommended books have nice story but a few of them he said were 'lame' and he would just leave it aside after reading a few pages... :wink: I remember 'Heidi' he said is nice and insisted I must read also but errrr I am a lazy reader...so didn't read.. :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:57 pm

Blobbi wrote:Hi All,

Can someone tell me what AMEC or AMEP is?

Tks!

AMEC stands for advance mathematics enrichment club and it is consider as a CCA also. It is held outside curriculum time. Only selected p5 and p6 gepers are invited to join the club (after a selection test hold at individual school and all gepers will take the test). Maths olympiad sums will also be taught in the amec..so I supposed those who send for competition will be mostly from the amec...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Blobbi » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:46 am

vlim wrote:AMEC stands for advance mathematics enrichment club and it is consider as a CCA also. It is held outside curriculum time. Only selected p5 and p6 gepers are invited to join the club (after a selection test hold at individual school and all gepers will take the test). Maths olympiad sums will also be taught in the amec..so I supposed those who send for competition will be mostly from the amec...

Tks vlim!

The first thing that struck my mind when I heard it was - A stood for American. :roll:

It was brought up as a possibility for enrichment. Maybe later I suppose.

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres