Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby vlim » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Herbie wrote:Oh Ok! Thanks!
I tot Unit test is not important leh!
Do you hv any idea what is the percentage? Where can i get the info from?

Thankfully, she scored pretty well for this test.

I think is about 20% but it include other daily assignment such as ting sie and etc...u can call to check with the chinese teacher also.. :D

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Herbie » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:49 pm

Huh! Ting Xie also considered as part of CA1... I faint liao...
For Chinese, my girl is really OMO. I need to alert my DD....

Thanks!

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Herbie wrote:Huh! Ting Xie also considered as part of CA1... I faint liao...
For Chinese, my girl is really OMO. I need to alert my DD....

Thanks!

i also shock to see the list that it include daily assignment so i gan cheong and called the chinese teacher to check what are the da that take up %.... :shock:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cluelessmama » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:12 pm

TwaTau wrote:
cluelessmama wrote:My kid scored 34 for the mock test and had a trashing from me. I didn't the mock was so tough; she didn't tell me. :cry:

My DS P4 average for HCL was in this ballpark last year. So go easy on your kid. We were warn that their score will drop when they join GEP, and we should moderate our expectation as well. It is tough to adjust to new environment and they need all our support, :celebrate:

Thanks for the advice. My instinct was : hit the roof when she told the score for mock. coz 34 is converted to %, it's only 68%. I have never seen her with such scores before.

Once again, thanks for the reminder - I must try to change my mindset :stupid: and constantly remember the changes she is going thro.

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Neko » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:28 pm

cluelessmama wrote:
musette wrote:
Neko wrote:according to my dd, she did not know of anyone who scored below 40/50. highest in her class scored 48/50. the teacher who marked the paper told them the hcl paper is easier than the mainstream's.

That's very good! Was the paper really easier than the mainstream's?

My dd's class had a mock test a few days before the actual test and about half the class failed! The lowest was 18/50 during the mock test.

My kid scored 34 for the mock test and had a trashing from me. I didn't the mock was so tough; she didn't tell me. :cry:

My dd scored 37/50 for the mock test. I didn't scold her cos all the marks deducted was from compre and given her chinese std, I am not surprised she has problem comprehending comprehension passage. this actual unit test also the same - marks deducted from compre.

latest news from dd wrt hcl unit test : highest score 48/50; lowest 33/50.

maybe first test was made easier so as not to deflate their confidence ...

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby TwaTau » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:05 pm

cluelessmama wrote:Thanks for the advice. My instinct was : hit the roof when she told the score for mock. coz 34 is converted to %, it's only 68%. I have never seen her with such scores before.

Once again, thanks for the reminder - I must try to change my mindset :stupid: and constantly remember the changes she is going thro.

I have also noticed that they are very strict with the marking and you could get more than half the marks deducted in comprehension from mistakes in the use of the word or "defective" chinese characters!

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby MdmKS » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:43 pm

Neko wrote:
cluelessmama wrote:
musette wrote:
Neko wrote:according to my dd, she did not know of anyone who scored below 40/50. highest in her class scored 48/50. the teacher who marked the paper told them the hcl paper is easier than the mainstream's.

That's very good! Was the paper really easier than the mainstream's?

My dd's class had a mock test a few days before the actual test and about half the class failed! The lowest was 18/50 during the mock test.

My kid scored 34 for the mock test and had a trashing from me. I didn't the mock was so tough; she didn't tell me. :cry:

My dd scored 37/50 for the mock test. I didn't scold her cos all the marks deducted was from compre and given her chinese std, I am not surprised she has problem comprehending comprehension passage. this actual unit test also the same - marks deducted from compre.

Is this CT using same common test papers in all GEP schools? I am asking this on behalf of a friend. Whether there is any difference for CL/HCL between GEP and non-GEP used? Anywhere to download past years test papers? Does GEP promotion criteria include MT/HMT? TIA?

MdmKS
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby TwaTau » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:15 pm

MdmKS wrote:Is this CT using same common test papers in all GEP schools? I am asking this on behalf of a friend. Whether there is any difference for CL/HCL between GEP and non-GEP used? Anywhere to download past years test papers? Does GEP promotion criteria include MT/HMT? TIA?

I would have think so, as the timing seems to be the same for all GEP schools. HCL for GEP and non-GEP are different, but my DS school does invite the top mainstream class to join in the same class. And it has been so far so good that I have not observe anyone selling or offering download of GEP paper, and I think we should keep it that way.

As for the promotion criteria for P5/P6, here is from my DS PT briefing:

To be given a ‘Promoted’ status, a GEP pupil has to fulfill the following criteria:
a. Obtain an overall average >70% for E, M, S and MT
AND
b. Obtain the following in at least 3 subjects:
1) English Language >65%; and
2) Mathematics >70%; and
3) Science >70% ; and
4) MT or HMT >70%; and
5) Social Studies – At least a ‘Pass’ grade

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Zann » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:04 pm

Neko wrote:

We have a few failures in this HCL CT . It looks like a usual Paper2 and they were given 30 mins to do. Same for all other centres?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby TwaTau » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:08 am

I was wondering does any of your children need to spend alot of time on the computer for their homework? I mean do they need to do alot of typing work? My DS seems to have alot of homework that he needs to submit in typewritten form, and this includes English (Detective story for P5), Social Study, even Science for some of his research work! He had a short session of formal training in typing during his P3 days in his previous school. But he is still typing single finger.

Is there any place that offer typing training for kids? In this information age, to be fast in typing is really an essential tool to be more efficient.

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge