35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby WTK » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:26 am

Hi vlim, is your child in P4 too?

Neko, thanks for your reply. I have PM you.

WTK
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ApronMama » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:16 am

Neko wrote:
WTK wrote:Hi parents, did your kids bring back any notes for P4 social studies? Mine bring back a empty file during the term 1 school holiday :scared:

Hi WTK

I just asked dd, she says her SS file is empty as well. if our kids r from different schools then maybe it's erm, 'normal' ?

I have no idea how she is going to prepare for SS CT. For other subjs, I'll just ask her to read thru her subj files. don't really know how to prepare for GEP CTs ...... :? (no past year papers to practice, unlike prev yrs)

The market is too small, unlike the mainstream test paper. But was told those with older child in GEP will benefit the subsequent younger sibling in GEP coz the material is within the same family. That mean the syllabus has never changed, duno true or not.

ApronMama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby KSmom8 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:32 pm

Neko wrote:
WTK wrote:Hi parents, did your kids bring back any notes for P4 social studies? Mine bring back a empty file during the term 1 school holiday :scared:

Hi WTK

I just asked dd, she says her SS file is empty as well. if our kids r from different schools then maybe it's erm, 'normal' ?

I have no idea how she is going to prepare for SS CT. For other subjs, I'll just ask her to read thru her subj files. don't really know how to prepare for GEP CTs ...... :? (no past year papers to practice, unlike prev yrs)

Have only seen the usual material relating to the family member write-up in social studies file, have not seen any other material. Am also at a loss as to how to help DS prepare for CTs. Don't see any notes in his science file, too! :!:

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:56 pm

WTK wrote:Hi vlim, is your child in P4 too?

hi my ds in p5.
:D

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:03 am

KSmom8 wrote:Have only seen the usual material relating to the family member write-up in social studies file, have not seen any other material. Am also at a loss as to how to help DS prepare for CTs. Don't see any notes in his science file, too! :!:

Wonder what other SS projects at P4 after family tree?

TIA

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby KSmom8 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:34 pm

Hi WTK

My DS can also take a long time to do his homework. I noticed that sometimes it is because he does not know how to solve the question and will "die die" try to do it. Most of the time it is because the teacher did not teach or provide much instruction and wanted the students to try to figure it out first. They will discuss later in class. I suppose the teaching method is different from mainstream and DS is still adapting to it.

DS tends to waste a lot of time between tasks so I also need to remind and encourage him to focus on his homework. There's a lot of homework, isn't it? Lately, noticed that he is learning to prioritise and better manage his time though still have to push him every now and then.

Don't know whether he is coping well... I would say that he is still adapting. [I am also adapting, too!!!] Have not received any negative feedback from his teachers - so i hope that no news is good news? I suppose we will know more after the CTs.

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cluelessmom » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:46 pm

Dear all,

My dd meet-the-parent session is due soon. My dd is in P5 tis yr. So I am just curious and wondering wat kinda of questions you guys wld ask during the meet to find out more abt our kids besides the usual academic performance and behaviour in school. Is it time to ask abt DSA and PSLE preparation? Hahaha KS syndrome.... Last yr, I was a lil' disapppointed to find out tat they arranged the meeting together with another parent and I was feeling kinda awkward and reserved. Hopefully, it will be a solo session tis yr....

cluelessmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:14 am

Other then finding from the teachers how he copes, I also get the chance to clarify with them some info about the projects or assignments that are yet to submit. :D I also checked with the Maths teacher how he did for the selection test for the maths master class.. :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby keroppi » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:38 am

vlim wrote:I also checked with the Maths teacher how he did for the selection test for the maths master class.. :wink:

Ha ha I'd like to know this too (for my DS) :)

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:01 am

the teacher said the result should be out in abt 2 weeks time as they have sent all the marked papers to ge branch for consolidation..i supposed only the best 30 can go for the master class,

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP