Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby cluelessmom » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:20 pm

Tks TwaTau for sharing..... out of curiosity, will the school arrange another private session with the teachers later?

cluelessmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby TwaTau » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:31 pm

cluelessmom wrote:Tks TwaTau for sharing..... out of curiosity, will the school arrange another private session with the teachers later?

According to the HoD, she mentioned that there will be one more session near end May. Hopefully this round, we will have individual time with the teachers. Maybe I should write again to the HoD again to stir things up abit, :evil:

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby TwaTau » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:33 pm

MotherHen wrote:Hi. My dd in P4 this year, and this thread has been a wealth of info. Thks to all parents for sharing.

:welcome:

And we hope you can also share your experience with us in the future. I am sure all us parent probably have similar issues bring up our kids.

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:39 pm

hi tuatwa did your ds take part in the 'anti drug' essay writing'?

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TwaTau » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:33 pm

vlim wrote:hi tuatwa did your ds take part in the 'anti drug' essay writing'?

No lei! Maybe that is only for your DS school. With my DS meagre english level, probably not chosen even if his school got one.

But my DS is quite busy with the FPSP (Future Problem Solving Program). Working with a team of 4 on the topic titled Sensory overload. Supposedly to research on things that will saturate all your six senses. :!: More recently, he is also quite crazy about science, and was asking for more of it, maybe inspire from this program. Already bought him a whole bunch of horrible science books and he just gobble them up in one or 2 days.

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:04 pm

oh anyway I think it is not compulsory to participate but strongly encourage... My ds project is IVP..not that busy at the moment :xedfingers:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TwaTau » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:43 pm

Dear vlim, you were right about the "anti drug" essay. my DS also need to do. He already submitted his draft and awaiting for the teacher to return. I asked why I am not aware of it, and his reply was that it was done when I am not home and he can't be telling me all his work. :roll: See how hopeless this parent is, :cry:

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:02 pm

twatau this shows your ds is very independent ...for me, being a kan cheong parent, I always check his file once I get back from home...so if there is something new...I will keep asking my son when is he going to start doing it....heeee my ds cannot stand me :wink: ... The essay doesn't seems to be compulsory for them..anyway he hand up yesturday for his English teacher to go through .... There is one more optional English essay writing which is for the Creative art programmes..wonder if u are aware of it :wink: .....I think the best 50 submission among all the participants from all the pri schools will be invited for the 3 days creative art programme in sept. This essay got to be handed up together with the kids 4 essays/poem written last time...date line 28/6. I think my son may participate... But there is one more English assignment which he confirmed not joining and he don't even bother to tell me more.. :| ..he said too much thing liao :frustrated:
Oh ya there is also a Maths competition organise by RI...Is your son participating?
Last edited by vlim on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Bronzy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:02 pm

MotherHen wrote:Hi. My dd in P4 this year, and this thread has been a wealth of info. Thks to all parents for sharing.

Hello MotherHen, My DD also in P4 this year. Did your DD also get the Solar Cooker Sc project to do? Seems to be one project after another!

Bronzy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby TwaTau » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:33 am

vlim wrote:Oh ya there is also a Maths competition organise by RI...Is your son participating?

His school is participating in National Mathematical Olympiad of Singapore (NMOS), organized by NUS High School in July.

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge