35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby vlim » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:01 am

TwaTau wrote:
vlim wrote:Oh ya there is also a Maths competition organise by RI...Is your son participating?

His school is participating in National Mathematical Olympiad of Singapore (NMOS), organized by NUS High School in July.

I have not heard of that yet...there is one more Maths competition which is organised by HCI but that is only for p6 students.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cluelessmom » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:11 am

vlim wrote: There is one more optional English essay writing which is for the Creative art programmes..wonder if u are aware of it :wink: .....I think the best 50 submission among all the participants from all the pri schools will be invited for the 3 days creative art programme in sept. This essay got to be handed up together with the kids 4 essays/poem written last time...date line 28/6. I think my son may participate... But there is one more English assignment which he confirmed not joining and he don't even bother to tell me more.. :| ..?

Vlim, wat is the 4 essay/poem submission for? I tot tat was for the creative art programme? So they need to submit another essay for the creative art programme? Is it open to all or by invitation? Tks Vlim, u certainly are a wealth of information :D

cluelessmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:08 am

cluelessmom wrote:
vlim wrote: There is one more optional English essay writing which is for the Creative art programmes..wonder if u are aware of it :wink: .....I think the best 50 submission among all the participants from all the pri schools will be invited for the 3 days creative art programme in sept. This essay got to be handed up together with the kids 4 essays/poem written last time...date line 28/6. I think my son may participate... But there is one more English assignment which he confirmed not joining and he don't even bother to tell me more.. :| ..?

Vlim, wat is the 4 essay/poem submission for? I tot tat was for the creative art programme? So they need to submit another essay for the creative art programme? Is it open to all or by invitation? Tks Vlim, u certainly are a wealth of information :D

oh that is a special activities for p5 gepers (optional) and for those mainstream students with high ability for English....They need to submit an essay with a topic given plus they also have to submit their past 4 essay/poem....

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cluelessmom » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:35 am

Ok bt my dd told me tat the given topic is part of the 4 essay/poem. Tat is they nd to submit the essay with the given topic, 1 poem and then they are free to choose the balance 2. Did she got it wrong... :?

cluelessmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:35 pm

as what i understand 4 essay/poem are previously written and plus a new essay with a topic given..btw have you down load the following application form from moe website?
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/program ... n-form.pdf

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TwaTau » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:53 pm

vlim wrote:
TwaTau wrote:
vlim wrote:Oh ya there is also a Maths competition organise by RI...Is your son participating?

His school is participating in National Mathematical Olympiad of Singapore (NMOS), organized by NUS High School in July.

I have not heard of that yet...there is one more Maths competition which is organised by HCI but that is only for p6 students.

Here is the link for NUSHS

http://oas.highsch.nus.edu.sg/NMOS/

And Hwa Chong Institution organized the Asia-Pacific Mathematical Olympiad for Primary Schools (APMOPS) and the Singapore Mathematical Olympiad for Primary Schools (SMOPS 2010)

So there is quite a lot of choice for the school on Maths olympiad.

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby cluelessmom » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:16 pm

Tk U vlim for providing the link, it is most helpful. I have browse thru the link and from the What to Include guidelines, it is still vague on whether total portfolio submission shld be 4/5 including the given topic short story.
Think will ask my dd to clarify wif her teacher as she told me her teacher told her it is just 4 in total. Oh and they were not told to submit any past essays/poems earlier. They were also not provided wif the link for the application form as I think they need to submit their portfolios to the teachers for assessment. Only the selected ones will be informed to fill up the application form :|

cluelessmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:08 pm

cluelessmom wrote:Tk U vlim for providing the link, it is most helpful. I have browse thru the link and from the What to Include guidelines, it is still vague on whether total portfolio submission shld be 4/5 including the given topic short story.
Think will ask my dd to clarify wif her teacher as she told me her teacher told her it is just 4 in total. Oh and they were not told to submit any past essays/poems earlier. They were also not provided wif the link for the application form as I think they need to submit their portfolios to the teachers for assessment. Only the selected ones will be informed to fill up the application form :|

it was written in the guideline as follow
In summary, the portfolio should contain four creative writing pieces, the reflection notes for these four pieces and the story based on the Creative Writing Assignment....hope it help u to clarify..maybe u can further clarify with the English teacher. :D

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:15 pm

cluelessmom wrote: Oh and they were not told to submit any past essays/poems earlier. They were also not provided wif the link for the application form as I think they need to submit their portfolios to the teachers for assessment. Only the selected ones will be informed to fill up the application form :|

oh I ks parent find out from the moe website myself :wink: ...before i get to know this kiasuparent website...I used to go moe website very frequently.. :lol: ... Only the selected ones will fill up the form ? My ds was not informed of them. It seems that those who keen to participate will hand in their past essay/poem for the English teacher to vet thru for advise... But with other assignment dateline lining up and common test coming up in May, wonder would he be in time to do it or no

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:16 pm

TwaTau wrote:Here is the link for NUSHS

http://oas.highsch.nus.edu.sg/NMOS/

And Hwa Chong Institution organized the Asia-Pacific Mathematical Olympiad for Primary Schools (APMOPS) and the Singapore Mathematical Olympiad for Primary Schools (SMOPS 2010)

So there is quite a lot of choice for the school on Maths olympiad.

Thks twatau :D

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP