Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby TwaTau » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:14 pm

vlim wrote:oh I ks parent find out from the moe website myself :wink: ...before i get to know this kiasuparent website...I used to go moe website very frequently.. :lol: ... Only the selected ones will fill up the form ? My ds was not informed of them. It seems that those who keen to participate will hand in their past essay/poem for the English teacher to vet thru for advise... But with other assignment dateline lining up and common test coming up in May, wonder would he be in time to do it or no

That is why I am spending more time here than with my son, :wink:

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:30 pm

TwaTau wrote:
vlim wrote:oh I ks parent find out from the moe website myself :wink: ...before i get to know this kiasuparent website...I used to go moe website very frequently.. :lol: ... Only the selected ones will fill up the form ? My ds was not informed of them. It seems that those who keen to participate will hand in their past essay/poem for the English teacher to vet thru for advise... But with other assignment dateline lining up and common test coming up in May, wonder would he be in time to do it or no

That is why I am spending more time here than with my son, :wink:

heheeeeee..same same here :wink: so sometime feel abit guilty :oops:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cluelessmom » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:39 pm

vlim wrote:oh I ks parent find out from the moe website myself :wink: ...before i get to know this kiasuparent website...I used to go moe website very frequently.. :lol: ...

Wahaha and I was grumbling to myself why her teacher did not informed the class abt tat :oops:

cluelessmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:29 pm

hi cluelessmom, is your child participating in the coming RI primary maths competition?,,,those keen can sign up to participate...there are 2 rounds..this coming friday is the 1st round(on line competition) then there after the best 50 will go for 2nd round at RI. :D

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cluelessmom » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:37 pm

Hi vlim,

Maths isn't my dd's forte so I dun think she is signing up. Good luck to ur DS :D

cluelessmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:21 pm

cluelessmom wrote:Hi vlim,

Maths isn't my dd's forte so I dun think she is signing up. Good luck to ur DS :D

thanks cluelessmom ....he has done the mock up test online...not easy :wink: ...so..I hope he can do well on the actual competition on this coming friday :xedfingers:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mathsparks » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:23 pm

vlim, i thot yr kid is in p5? ripmwc is for p6 right?

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:26 pm

mathsparks wrote:vlim, i thot yr kid is in p5? ripmwc is for p6 right?

no ripmwc is open for p5 students also but asia pacific maths olympaid competition organised by hci is for p6...smop also for p6 only :D

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mathsparks » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:33 pm

So strange leh...I know that NMOS is for P5, while SMOPS/APMOS/RIPMWC is for P6.

Perhaps yr son's school is giving them a headstart?

See here:
http://contests.heymath.com/AdminLogin. ... estID=RI10

The general objective of the Raffles Institution Primary Mathematics World Contest (RIPMWC) is to increase interest in Mathematics and to develop problem solving abilities through a friendly Mathematics contest for Primary 6 students.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:39 pm

mathsparks wrote:So strange leh...I know that NMOS is for P5, while SMOPS/APMOS/RIPMWC is for P6.

Perhaps yr son's school is giving them a headstart?

See here:
http://contests.heymath.com/AdminLogin. ... estID=RI10

The general objective of the Raffles Institution Primary Mathematics World Contest (RIPMWC) is to increase interest in Mathematics and to develop problem solving abilities through a friendly Mathematics contest for Primary 6 students.

from my ds school website, at the achievements section, there are p5 winners for both ripmwc and nmos but for the rest only p6

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP