35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby MotherHen » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:55 am

Bronzy wrote:
MotherHen wrote:Hi. My dd in P4 this year, and this thread has been a wealth of info. Thks to all parents for sharing.

Hello MotherHen, My DD also in P4 this year. Did your DD also get the Solar Cooker Sc project to do? Seems to be one project after another!

Hi Bronzy. Yes my DD also came back with the Solar Cooker project. She was really hyped up abt it and wanted to show me all the cool info she found the minute I stepped home... I looked thru the rubric and thot it was tough. And you're right, the group work/projects don't seem to stop. Plus Math CT part 1 and HCL Mini Test this week. Do you get overwhelmed sometimes?

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby TwaTau » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:16 am

MotherHen wrote:Hi Bronzy. Yes my DD also came back with the Solar Cooker project. She was really hyped up abt it and wanted to show me all the cool info she found the minute I stepped home... I looked thru the rubric and thot it was tough. And you're right, the group work/projects don't seem to stop. Plus Math CT part 1 and HCL Mini Test this week. Do you get overwhelmed sometimes?

This is still part of the adjustment you and your kids will have to make. Subsequently, it will become a norm. The kids are resilent, and they will adjust themselves. Hearing from what you say, I am sure they are enjoying themselves in the new challenges. Hang in there! :celebrate:

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Zann » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:10 am

MotherHen wrote:Hi Bronzy. Yes my DD also came back with the Solar Cooker project. She was really hyped up abt it and wanted to show me all the cool info she found the minute I stepped home... I looked thru the rubric and thot it was tough. And you're right, the group work/projects don't seem to stop. Plus Math CT part 1 and HCL Mini Test this week. Do you get overwhelmed sometimes?

May I know what are the deadlines like for solar cooker? When are they suppose to present or submit anything?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby KSmom8 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Zann wrote:May I know what are the deadlines like for solar cooker? When are they suppose to present or submit anything?

Deadline seems to be 21 April. Have to work in team of 2. DS said that have to construct and boil an egg with it - I presume that the cooker has to be brought to school for the experiment. Draft design to be submitted this week. He is very excited about it. I really hope that his solar cooker works because a similar one I did in sec sch didn't. :cry:

Yes, this week is a busy busy week... and this mum does feel overwhelmed at times! :?:

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MotherHen » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Deadline for solar cooker is 22 April according to DD. Have to bring the contraption to school and cook an egg with it... hopefully.... :xedfingers:
I think also need to submit a poster explaining their creation.

Thanks TwaTau for the encouragement. You're right i think the kids will cope, somehow. Must really try to let go of the mother hen instinct in me.. :lol:

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:49 pm

hi any of the p5 gepers' parents here going for the 'communicating with your gifted kid' on 17/4 at ACS? :D

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TwaTau » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:02 pm

Bo leh (Hokkien), didn't receive any notice like that.

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby keroppi » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:54 am

vlim wrote:hi any of the p5 gepers' parents here going for the 'communicating with your gifted kid' on 17/4 at ACS? :D

Me.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:34 am

TwaTau wrote:Bo leh (Hokkien), didn't receive any notice like that.

Then maybe u can check w the form teacher abt this talk. Maybe they think u no need to attend as u have no problem communicating w your kid haaaaaa :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TwaTau » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:52 am

Boleh (Malay)! My communication with my DS is very smooth. The typical conversation is in concised single word response, :P

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres