35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby Blobbi » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:10 am

Tks for the headsup, vlim.

Is this a parenting talk? I haven't been invited but will ask if I can go. Do you have further details? My son macam like from different planet sometimes ... :frustrated:

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:13 am

Blobbi wrote:Tks for the headsup, vlim.

Is this a parenting talk? I haven't been invited but will ask if I can go. Do you have further details? My son macam like from different planet sometimes ... :frustrated:

Sorry Blobbi, I may have missed out some of your posts. I know your child is EG but he is in P1. Does it mean that he has been accepted to GEP at P1 already because he is EG?

Postby Neko » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:29 pm

MotherHen wrote:Deadline for solar cooker is 22 April according to DD. Have to bring the contraption to school and cook an egg with it... hopefully.... :xedfingers:
I think also need to submit a poster explaining their creation.

Thanks TwaTau for the encouragement. You're right i think the kids will cope, somehow. Must really try to let go of the mother hen instinct in me.. :lol:

Any of your kids finished constructing the solar cooker? My dd's cooker seems sound in theory but when tested, the egg wouldn't cook :(

wonder how much time they will be given to complete the experiment on the actual day?

Think SS portfoilio assessment is due next week? Dd has not finshed that as well.

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Zann » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Neko wrote:
MotherHen wrote:Deadline for solar cooker is 22 April according to DD. Have to bring the contraption to school and cook an egg with it... hopefully.... :xedfingers:

Thanks TwaTau for the encouragement. You're right i think the kids will cope, somehow. Must really try to let go of the mother hen instinct in me.. :lol:

Any of your kids finished constructing the solar cooker? My dd's cooker seems sound in theory but when tested, the egg wouldn't cook :(

wonder how much time they will be given to complete the experiment on the actual day?

Think SS portfoilio assessment is due next week? Dd has not finshed that as well.

Hi Neko, care to share what they have to do for SS portfoilio assessment. Ever since the completion of family tree, I have not heard of anything :? TIa

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Blobbi » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:40 pm

ks2me wrote:

Sorry Blobbi, I may have missed out some of your posts. I know your child is EG but he is in P1. Does it mean that he has been accepted to GEP at P1 already because he is EG?

Ha, ks2me!! Nolah. He still has to take the test, as far as I know. EG means they are given individual accomodations by MOE, which cld mean acceleration or enrichment via the school.

In my son's case, EG means Extra Garang. I'm EG too - Extra Geram. :lol:

I'm hoping that if this is a parenting talk (sounds like it), I may be allowed to listen in.

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Blobbi wrote:
ks2me wrote:

Ha, ks2me!! Nolah. He still has to take the test, as far as I know. EG means they are given individual accomodations by MOE, which cld mean acceleration or enrichment via the school.

In my son's case, EG means Extra Garang. I'm EG too - Extra Geram. :lol:

I'm hoping that if this is a parenting talk (sounds like it), I may be allowed to listen in.

i think only parents of p5 gepers are invited. A form was given to see if we can attend. Maybe this talk is to teach the parents how to 'ease' their p5 gep child from the terribly, heavily workload..... I start to feel the 'pressure' nowwwwwwwwww :sweat:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MotherHen » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Zann wrote:
Neko wrote:

Hi Neko, care to share what they have to do for SS portfoilio assessment. Ever since the completion of family tree, I have not heard of anything :? TIa

Goodness... dd only printed out another copy of the interview write-up, and said that teacher needed it for portfolio (and that was about a week ago). Didn't say anything about having to put together a portfolio by next week. What are they supposed to do for the portfolio? Any detail is appreciated. TIA.

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Neko » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:49 pm

Zann wrote:
Neko wrote:

went to dig out the assignment, next week is dd's deadline for the draft submission, not final submission. Maybe diff schs hv diff draft submission dates.

The portfolio assmt is related to the Family Tree Oral History proj write-up. The deadline for the 1st entry final submission is 24 May 2010 (nb: there is another portfolio entry due in Aug) but 2 drafts have to be submitted b4 the final submission. Dd's deadline for 1st draft is 14 Apr and 2nd draft is 5 May.

she was given this assignment on 24 Mar. was also given a set of 14 guiding questions to assist the kids in the write-up.

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Blobbi » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:56 pm

vlim wrote:i think only parents of p5 gepers are invited. A form was given to see if we can attend. Maybe this talk is to teach the parents how to 'ease' their p5 gep child from the terribly, heavily workload..... I start to feel the 'pressure' nowwwwwwwwww :sweat:

Gosh. Sounds like a parenting-cum-practical-work type of talk, which means it's not for me.

Good luck to you guys!

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KSmom8 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:39 pm

Neko wrote:went to dig out the assignment, next week is dd's deadline for the draft submission, not final submission. Maybe diff schs hv diff draft submission dates.

The portfolio assmt is related to the Family Tree Oral History proj write-up. The deadline for the 1st entry final submission is 24 May 2010 (nb: there is another portfolio entry due in Aug) but 2 drafts have to be submitted b4 the final submission. Dd's deadline for 1st draft is 14 Apr and 2nd draft is 5 May.

she was given this assignment on 24 Mar. was also given a set of 14 guiding questions to assist the kids in the write-up.

DS's school deadline seems earlier. DS has already submitted the 1st draft of the SS commentary / reflection based on the 14 questions. Have not received it back so don't need to do anything for the moment.

Clarified with DS on solar cooker. He does not need to do a poster. Only a logbook to track the progress of constructing the solar cooker. Have to take digital photos too! Don't quite understand the entries required in logbook and DS is blur when questioned. Anyone has to do similar? Is this correct? TIA

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres