Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Blobbi wrote:Ha, ks2me!! Nolah. He still has to take the test, as far as I know. EG means they are given individual accomodations by MOE, which cld mean acceleration or enrichment via the school.

In my son's case, EG means Extra Garang. I'm EG too - Extra Geram. :lol:

I'm hoping that if this is a parenting talk (sounds like it), I may be allowed to listen in.

haha you are funny EG Blobbi. I know the other EG kid skipped grade 1 year at lower primary and then later GEP also, so he is in a GEP class one grade above his actual age.

Postby vlim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:41 pm

hi twatau, has your ds started on the ss 'merger' project..??My ds still hasn't started :(

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ksme » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:04 pm

KSmom8 wrote:
Clarified with DS on solar cooker. He does not need to do a poster. Only a logbook to track the progress of constructing the solar cooker. Have to take digital photos too! Don't quite understand the entries required in logbook and DS is blur when questioned. Anyone has to do similar? Is this correct? TIA

DS says they have to do the poster. Presentation of poster is 1 of the items in the rubric for this project. DS said that the logbook is to document their findings, learnings etc while doing this project. They also have to take photos to show that they did the project instead of parents completing the project for them. btw, 2 pupils are assigned to work together for this project.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:17 pm

vlim wrote:hi twatau, has your ds started on the ss 'merger' project..??My ds still hasn't started :(

I was told by the ss teacher that the kids do not have to submit any draft...but i just checked with a parent whose kid is in another ge center that they are doing the 2nd draft now :shock: ...any parent can let me know whether your p5 kids need to submit draft for the merger assignment?

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TwaTau » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:56 pm

vlim wrote:
vlim wrote:hi twatau, has your ds started on the ss 'merger' project..??My ds still hasn't started :(

I was told by the ss teacher that the kids do not have to submit any draft...but i just checked with a parent whose kid is in another ge center that they are doing the 2nd draft now :shock: ...any parent can let me know whether your p5 kids need to submit draft for the merger assignment?

My DS already submitted his draft and the final copy is to be submitted on the 20 April.

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:20 pm

TwaTau wrote:My DS already submitted his draft and the final copy is to be submitted on the 20 April.

ok thanks and I have pm you....

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby not parent but student » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:35 pm

hi i am a geper!
usually if you can do the questions withoutthinking much about it, you won't be able to remeber much. therefore, the question that you can remember is usually the one you face problems with, and tried focusing on that.

i only remembered generally for some questions(that was 3 years ago.)

and i got in.

not parent but student
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby KSmom8 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:33 pm

ksme wrote:
KSmom8 wrote:
Clarified with DS on solar cooker. He does not need to do a poster. Only a logbook to track the progress of constructing the solar cooker. Have to take digital photos too! Don't quite understand the entries required in logbook and DS is blur when questioned. Anyone has to do similar? Is this correct? TIA

DS says they have to do the poster. Presentation of poster is 1 of the items in the rubric for this project. DS said that the logbook is to document their findings, learnings etc while doing this project. They also have to take photos to show that they did the project instead of parents completing the project for them. btw, 2 pupils are assigned to work together for this project.

Thank you!!! This blur mom and DS have rechecked the rubrics. Yes they have to prepare the poster and logbook. Sigh, so much for DS to do AND he also needs to prepare for CTs! Just to clarify : Do they need to do a presentation? TIA

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ksme » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:03 pm

KSmom8 wrote:
Do they need to do a presentation? TIA

DS tells me that they will have to do a presentation on the project. Did you child get the Tic Tac Toe fairy tale assignment for English too?

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:14 pm

Sorry to interrupt...I am curious after reading some of the discussion. It seems that GEP parents are very involved in their kids' assignments, so I wonder if:

A. Are the assignments so tough? or
B. Instructions from teachers not clear? or
C. Parents are just worried that the kids cannot remember to complete everything that has been assigned as it is overwhelming?
D. All of the above
E. Your own answer

Thanks.

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres