55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby vlim » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:52 pm

ksme wrote:
KSmom8 wrote:
Do they need to do a presentation? TIA

DS tells me that they will have to do a presentation on the project. Did you child get the Tic Tac Toe fairy tale assignment for English too?

emm.... it seems like this year p4 gep assignments are not quite the same as last yr p4 gep assignments :roll: ..last yr my ds did not do the solar cooker project and the tic tac toe fairy tale assignment...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:36 am

ksme wrote:
KSmom8 wrote:
Do they need to do a presentation? TIA

DS tells me that they will have to do a presentation on the project. Did you child get the Tic Tac Toe fairy tale assignment for English too?

Pls advise what are the assignment (to do list) and schedule like for Tic Tac Toe fairy tale assignment ?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby ksme » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:02 am

Zann wrote:
ksme wrote:

Pls advise what are the assignment (to do list) and schedule like for Tic Tac Toe fairy tale assignment ?

Tic Tac Toe Fairy tale assignment for English is due on 20th Apr according to DS. There are 9 tasks for which they have to choose 3 tasks which are consecutive like in the game Tic tac toe. Eg of tasks are lyrics for theme song, recipe, poem etc etc. According to the worksheet, this is anchor activity for GEP P4. I think it is part of term 2 curriculum. Hope this helps.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ksme » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:06 am

vlim wrote:
emm.... it seems like this year p4 gep assignments are not quite the same as last yr p4 gep assignments :roll: ..last yr my ds did not do the solar cooker project and the tic tac toe fairy tale assignment...

Solar Cooker is the first year for this Science assignment. Heard last year was a different assignment on cells and membranes? The Tic Tac toe fairy tale english assignment should not be new leh. The worksheet seems to have started since 2007 (footer sstated fairy tales/term2/geo/2007) Maybe your child completed without you knowing? :)

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ksme » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:11 am

ks2me wrote:Sorry to interrupt...I am curious after reading some of the discussion. It seems that GEP parents are very involved in their kids' assignments, so I wonder if:

A. Are the assignments so tough? or
B. Instructions from teachers not clear? or
C. Parents are just worried that the kids cannot remember to complete everything that has been assigned as it is overwhelming?
D. All of the above
E. Your own answer

Thanks.

Hehe... I think for me is all of the above. Maybe it is a boys thing. My DS tends to be quite careless or maybe he does not pay attention in school. Sometimes he will miss certain things from school and we found out as surprise last min from friends or when he gets scolding from teacher.

Plus since I am now SAHM, must make sure he doesn't miss anything major or I will not be able to account my value add for staying home to my hubby. :)

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:20 am

ksme wrote:
vlim wrote:

Solar Cooker is the first year for this Science assignment. Heard last year was a different assignment on cells and membranes? The Tic Tac toe fairy tale english assignment should not be new leh. The worksheet seems to have started since 2007 (footer sstated fairy tales/term2/geo/2007) Maybe your child completed without you knowing? :)

yap last yr they did the cells and membranes project,, :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby turquoise » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:03 pm

ksme wrote:
vlim wrote:

Tic-Tac-Toe has been around since my dd's time a few years ago.

turquoise
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:04 pm

turquoise wrote:
ksme wrote:
vlim wrote:

Tic-Tac-Toe has been around since my dd's time a few years ago.

heeeeeeeeee...did not see him doing this assignment :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby keroppi » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:21 pm

Not for my P5 DS too. No tic-tac-toe fairy tale nor solar cooker last year. I told him about this GE P4 year's solar cooker project and he said no fair - this year's more interesting. Last year's cell city was super boring for him.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:24 pm

ksme wrote:
ks2me wrote:Sorry to interrupt...I am curious after reading some of the discussion. It seems that GEP parents are very involved in their kids' assignments, so I wonder if:

A. Are the assignments so tough? or
B. Instructions from teachers not clear? or
C. Parents are just worried that the kids cannot remember to complete everything that has been assigned as it is overwhelming?
D. All of the above
E. Your own answer

Thanks.

Hehe... I think for me is all of the above. Maybe it is a boys thing. My DS tends to be quite careless or maybe he does not pay attention in school. Sometimes he will miss certain things from school and we found out as surprise last min from friends or when he gets scolding from teacher.

Plus since I am now SAHM, must make sure he doesn't miss anything major or I will not be able to account my value add for staying home to my hubby. :)

Thank you for pandering to my curiosity, at least I understand better. :D

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge