Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby vlim » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:27 pm

keroppi wrote:Not for my P5 DS too. No tic-tac-toe fairy tale nor solar cooker last year. I told him about this GE P4 year's solar cooker project and he said no fair - this year's more interesting. Last year's cell city was super boring for him.

yap I agree..the cell city project is just a poster presentation...kind of boring...but they do take part in the sony creation activity and the toy car creation stuffs....

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby keroppi » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:31 pm

vlim wrote:but they do take part in the sony creation activity and the toy car creation stuffs....

how come mine didn't have these? :? most likely not selected. :oops:

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:39 pm

keroppi wrote:
vlim wrote:but they do take part in the sony creation activity and the toy car creation stuffs....

I don't think it is through selection but activities that individual school is participating...so no worries :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TwaTau » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:07 pm

vlim wrote:
keroppi wrote:

I don't think it is through selection but activities that individual school is participating...so no worries :wink:

Alot of time, I only found out these activities on this forum, instead of getting it from my DS. And when I ask my DS, then I get the answer "YEAH" . That why we come here to sniff out all these thing that our DS do. :wink:

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby turquoise » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:27 pm

vlim wrote:
turquoise wrote:
ksme wrote:
vlim wrote:
emm.... it seems like this year p4 gep assignments are not quite the same as last yr p4 gep assignments :roll: ..last yr my ds did not do the solar cooker project and the tic tac toe fairy tale assignment...

Solar Cooker is the first year for this Science assignment. Heard last year was a different assignment on cells and membranes? The Tic Tac toe fairy tale english assignment should not be new leh. The worksheet seems to have started since 2007 (footer sstated fairy tales/term2/geo/2007) Maybe your child completed without you knowing? :)

Tic-Tac-Toe has been around since my dd's time a few years ago.

heeeeeeeeee...did not see him doing this assignment :wink:

He probably did it without telling you. :) Exercising his independence.

turquoise
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:51 pm

turquoise wrote:
vlim wrote:
turquoise wrote:
ksme wrote:
vlim wrote:
emm.... it seems like this year p4 gep assignments are not quite the same as last yr p4 gep assignments :roll: ..last yr my ds did not do the solar cooker project and the tic tac toe fairy tale assignment...

Solar Cooker is the first year for this Science assignment. Heard last year was a different assignment on cells and membranes? The Tic Tac toe fairy tale english assignment should not be new leh. The worksheet seems to have started since 2007 (footer sstated fairy tales/term2/geo/2007) Maybe your child completed without you knowing? :)

Tic-Tac-Toe has been around since my dd's time a few years ago.

heeeeeeeeee...did not see him doing this assignment :wink:

He probably did it without telling you. :) Exercising his independence.

I suppose so.... :wink:..oh ya ..I remember he did some story writing abt Godilock...is that the fairy tale assignment u all are mentioning about? :?

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KSmom8 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:28 pm

ksme wrote:
KSmom8 wrote:
Do they need to do a presentation? TIA

DS tells me that they will have to do a presentation on the project. Did you child get the Tic Tac Toe fairy tale assignment for English too?

Thanks! Don't know why DS is so blur about this project.

DS also has the Tic Tac Toe fairy tale assignment. He had quite a lot of fun - composing the theme song - was singing though it was a little tuneless! Had to show him what is a classified ad as a sample though.

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Zann » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:07 am

ksme wrote:
Zann wrote:
ksme wrote:
DS tells me that they will have to do a presentation on the project. Did you child get the Tic Tac Toe fairy tale assignment for English too?

Pls advise what are the assignment (to do list) and schedule like for Tic Tac Toe fairy tale assignment ?

Tic Tac Toe Fairy tale assignment for English is due on 20th Apr according to DS. There are 9 tasks for which they have to choose 3 tasks which are consecutive like in the game Tic tac toe. Eg of tasks are lyrics for theme song, recipe, poem etc etc. According to the worksheet, this is anchor activity for GEP P4. I think it is part of term 2 curriculum. Hope this helps.

:thankyou: Yes, I do come across my ds reading fairy tale these days. So far no worksheet leh, like you say may be they do in school. Good that we have this forum page to chat about this kind of "common interest", so at least we know what is going on. BTW how your ds find the Math and HCL CT? I look at the test and exam schedule, it seems that there is no oral and listening test for HCL/CL at P4, correct me if I am wrong. How about P5 HCL GE students? Do they also take CL exam amd sit for oral and listening test ?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Zann » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:23 am

ks2me wrote:Sorry to interrupt...I am curious after reading some of the discussion. It seems that GEP parents are very involved in their kids' assignments, so I wonder if:

A. Are the assignments so tough? or
B. Instructions from teachers not clear? or
C. Parents are just worried that the kids cannot remember to complete everything that has been assigned as it is overwhelming?
D. All of the above
E. Your own answer

Thanks.

Hi ks2me, I would say involve as in keeping track of his schedule but not taking over his responsibility in doing the assignment and project. It may also mean depending on the child, whether he is the independent learner type. Do you have any kid in GEP or any P1-3 kid?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:48 am

Zann wrote:
ks2me wrote:Sorry to interrupt...I am curious after reading some of the discussion. It seems that GEP parents are very involved in their kids' assignments, so I wonder if:

A. Are the assignments so tough? or
B. Instructions from teachers not clear? or
C. Parents are just worried that the kids cannot remember to complete everything that has been assigned as it is overwhelming?
D. All of the above
E. Your own answer

Thanks.

......I would say involve as in keeping track of his schedule but not taking over his responsibility in doing the assignment and project. It may also mean depending on the child, whether he is the independent learner type. Do you have any kid in GEP or any P1-3 kid?

I agreed with you Zann...I also don't help my ds to do his assignment but just ensure that he start doing it so that he will be in time to hand in assignment.
P4 gepers do not has oral in the first semester . They will have it in term 4 likewise for p5 gepers. You can check out the gep whole year schedule at Tao Nan website (gep - calender). (btw my ds not in that school...just like to kpo around other gep schools website) :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge