Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby keroppi » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:58 am

I think I am the worst. This year, I stopped keeping track of his assignment deadlines. Some of the P5 assignments mentioned here, I don't even know about it. DS is totally on his own. He has always been quite independent - if he misses his deadline, he will negotiate a new one with his teacher.

But for P4, I think still must guide and monitor his deadlines for your kid - cos of sudden change in curriculum. Help him balance the numerous projects and workload and manage his time.

I know a lot of GE parents do their work for their kids. Not doing it for my kid probably means lugi a bit, but I don't care. I trust the teacher to tell the difference.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby TwaTau » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:57 am

keroppi wrote:I think I am the worst. This year, I stopped keeping track of his assignment deadlines. Some of the P5 assignments mentioned here, I don't even know about it. DS is totally on his own. He has always been quite independent - if he misses his deadline, he will negotiate a new one with his teacher.

But for P4, I think still must guide and monitor his deadlines for your kid - cos of sudden change in curriculum. Help him balance the numerous projects and workload and manage his time.

I know a lot of GE parents do their work for their kids. Not doing it for my kid probably means lugi a bit, but I don't care. I trust the teacher to tell the difference.

:celebrate: Me too, my P5 DS is also quite independent except for time management, so I have to hurry him when it is nearing my sleeping time. :|
You are right about guiding the kids along at P4, when they are transiting to a new environment and curriculum, once they get the hang of it, we just need to nudge them along and help when they need help.

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:04 am

oh..thats remind me of the ss 'merger' write out again. It will contribute about 20% to the overall p5 ss marks...Aiyo if other children get help from parents then those who don't will be 'lug gi'..further more my ds school's teacher don't go thru for them as draft..so not very fair.. :(

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:07 am

hi twatau,
So have you got the form to the talk for p5 gep parents at acs? :D

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Neko » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:36 am

Does anyone know what is P4 Math CT 'Investigation' about?

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:50 am

Neko wrote:Does anyone know what is P4 Math CT 'Investigation' about?

is about nth term...if I am not wrong...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TwaTau » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:27 am

vlim wrote:hi twatau,

Still bo-leh. Maybe the school think we don't have time for such a help, as all of our needs can be fulfil by the KSP forum. :wink:

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:47 am

TwaTau wrote:
vlim wrote:hi twatau,

Still bo-leh. Maybe the school think we don't have time for such a help, as all of our needs can be fulfil by the KSP forum. :wink:

haaaaaa...maybe :wink: .... and maybe they think I need help... :|

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby keroppi » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:47 pm

vlim wrote:

Yes, its about working out a formula for a sequence of numbers and deriving the nth term. They will be given practice sheets to work on - so not to worry.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Neko » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:41 pm

keroppi wrote:
vlim wrote:

Yes, its about working out a formula for a sequence of numbers and deriving the nth term. They will be given practice sheets to work on - so not to worry.

vlim & keroppi - :thankyou:

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge