GEP students PSLE result

Academic support and discussions for GEP

GEP students PSLE result

Postby Merlion » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:44 pm

Does anyone know what is the average score for the GEP students' PSLE result over the past few years? How does this compare with the top 10% of the mainstream students? :?

Merlion
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: GEP students PSLE result

Postby MdmKS » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:10 pm

Merlion wrote:Does anyone know what is the average score for the GEP students' PSLE result over the past few years? How does this compare with the top 10% of the mainstream students? :?

Guess not important to know since the GEP students get priority via DSA to go to the IP schools with given scholarship for 6 years. :wink:

MdmKS
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby turquoise » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:40 pm

Are the results for the top 10% of mainstream students even available?

turquoise
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: GEP students PSLE result

Postby Merlion » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:57 pm

MdmKS wrote:
Merlion wrote:Does anyone know what is the average score for the GEP students' PSLE result over the past few years? How does this compare with the top 10% of the mainstream students? :?

Guess not important to know since the GEP students get priority via DSA to go to the IP schools with given scholarship for 6 years. :wink:

For every GEP students? Does this priority apply to schools like RI and NUS High? Thanks.

Merlion
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby turquoise » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:05 pm

GEP students who maintain their GEP status in secondary school get the EESIS scholarship if they apply to go to IP schools. The EESIS scholarship is also awarded to top mainstream students.

turquoise
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Merlion » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:24 pm

I always thought that their GEP status is only for their primary education. I did not know that it applies to their secondary education too. How can they maintain their GEP status in secondary school?

Merlion
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Fairy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:05 pm

Merlion wrote:I always thought that their GEP status is only for their primary education. I did not know that it applies to their secondary education too. How can they maintain their GEP status in secondary school?

FYI, the so-called 'maintain their GEP status in secondary school' is practised differently in different IP schools. Most IP schools do not have classes called 'GEP' class, unlike primary schools. The kids ere simply grouped together (including some students from mainstream) and spread over a few classes. From my knowledge, NUSH, RI,HCI, RGS & NYGH do not have classes known as GEP class.

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mummyloves » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:17 pm

turquoise wrote:GEP students who maintain their GEP status in secondary school get the EESIS scholarship if they apply to go to IP schools. The EESIS scholarship is also awarded to top mainstream students.

Didn't know this! Only know that GEP can get DSA, didnt know that it comes with scholarship...

doesn't it still depends on their final PSLE score?? or all GEP students can get the scholarship if they go to IP school??

thanks for info

mummyloves
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Dharma » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:32 am

Fairy wrote:
Merlion wrote:I always thought that their GEP status is only for their primary education. I did not know that it applies to their secondary education too. How can they maintain their GEP status in secondary school?

FYI, the so-called 'maintain their GEP status in secondary school' is practised differently in different IP schools. Most IP schools do not have classes called 'GEP' class, unlike primary schools. The kids ere simply grouped together (including some students from mainstream) and spread over a few classes. From my knowledge, NUSH, RI,HCI, RGS & NYGH do not have classes known as GEP class.

Hi Fairy,

RGS has 5 classes, unofficially called 'GEP classes'. The pupils from GEP, mainstream pupils admitted via DSA (except Sports domain) and high ability mainstream pupils (with very high PSLE scores) are allocated to these classes in Sec 1. Nevertheless, all pupils go thru the same Raffles Program in Sec 1 and 2.

Believe that it should be same in RI.

Dharma
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby ruyu » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:37 am

Dharma wrote:Hi Fairy,

RGS has 5 classes, unofficially called 'GEP classes'. The pupils from GEP, mainstream pupils admitted via DSA (except Sports domain) and high ability mainstream pupils (with very high PSLE scores) are allocated to these classes in Sec 1. Nevertheless, all pupils go thru the same Raffles Program in Sec 1 and 2.

Believe that it should be same in RI.

Its programme

ruyu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to GEP