Looking for sharing transportion Bedok - NYPS 2012(GEP)

Academic support and discussions for GEP

Looking for sharing transportion Bedok - NYPS 2012(GEP)

Postby warshen » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:10 pm

we have one girl,already selected into GEP 2013, want to send her to NYPS ,are there anybody want to share transportation?I drive ,I can send morning trip mostly.BTW,we stay @ Bedok Reservoir side.

HP:97525179

warshen
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:08 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Looking for sharing transportion Bedok - NYPS 2012(GEP)

Postby bluesclue » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:23 am

warshen wrote:we have one girl,already selected into GEP 2013, want to send her to NYPS ,are there anybody want to share transportation?I drive ,I can send morning trip mostly.BTW,we stay @ Bedok Reservoir side.

HP:97525179


Hi Congratulations.

My son is selected for GEP as well. But not thinking to send him to B. timah schools as distance is a concern. Just curious about you choice of schools, why not consider GEP centres in the east? if you dont mind me asking.

bluesclue
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:25 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Looking for sharing transportion Bedok - NYPS 2012(GEP)

Postby warshen » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:27 am

bluesclue wrote:
warshen wrote:we have one girl,already selected into GEP 2013, want to send her to NYPS ,are there anybody want to share transportation?I drive ,I can send morning trip mostly.BTW,we stay @ Bedok Reservoir side.

HP:97525179


Hi Congratulations.

My son is selected for GEP as well. But not thinking to send him to B. timah schools as distance is a concern. Just curious about you choice of schools, why not consider GEP centres in the east? if you dont mind me asking.

Hi,thx,3 reasons :
1) prefer to not a church school.
2)sounds like an advantage for dsa rgs or nygh.
3)it is a Chinese school.

warshen
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:08 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Looking for sharing transportion Bedok - NYPS 2012(GEP)

Postby bluesclue » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. All the best in the GEP journey for you and yr DD.

bluesclue
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:25 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Looking for sharing transportion Bedok - NYPS 2012(GEP)

Postby Herbie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:01 pm

Being a nyps pupil does not give u any advantage to secure a dsa to nygh or rgs.

Yr gal will hv to stay in sch for ge courses and cca so u hv to take tat into consideration. Cos her class her ends at 2.30pm and the cca bus only leave the sch at 4pm.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 am
Total Likes: 0



Re: Looking for sharing transportion Bedok - NYPS 2012(GEP)

Postby superksmum » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:59 pm

warshen wrote:
bluesclue wrote:
warshen wrote:we have one girl,already selected into GEP 2013, want to send her to NYPS ,are there anybody want to share transportation?I drive ,I can send morning trip mostly.BTW,we stay @ Bedok Reservoir side.

HP:97525179


Hi Congratulations.

My son is selected for GEP as well. But not thinking to send him to B. timah schools as distance is a concern. Just curious about you choice of schools, why not consider GEP centres in the east? if you dont mind me asking.

Hi,thx,3 reasons :
1) prefer to not a church school.
2)sounds like an advantage for dsa rgs or nygh.
3)it is a Chinese school.



You might want to take note that NYPS is not the only GEP centre that is a SAP school. There is also a SAP school located in the East side. The gals in NYPS also do not have an added advantage over others for DSA to NYGH or RGS. In fact, majority of the gals from NYPS did not received a confirmed offer from NYGH. Distance is another factor that you should consider as the kid will have to wake up very early and reach home late.

superksmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:15 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Looking for sharing transportion Bedok - NYPS 2012(GEP)

Postby phtthp » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:13 am

superksmum wrote:
warshen wrote:[we have one girl,already selected into GEP 2013, want to send her to NYPS ,are there anybody want to share transportation?I drive ,I can send morning trip mostly. we stay @ Bedok Reservoir side.

3 reasons :
1) prefer to not a church school.
2)sounds like an advantage for dsa rgs or nygh.
3)it is a Chinese school.


You might want to take note that NYPS is not the only GEP centre that is a SAP school. There is also a SAP school located in the East side. The gals in NYPS also do not have an added advantage over others for DSA to NYGH or RGS. In fact, majority of the gals from NYPS did not received a confirmed offer from NYGH. Distance is another factor that you should consider as the kid will have to wake up very early and reach home late.

Herbie wrote:Being a nyps pupil does not give u any advantage to secure a dsa to NYGH or RGSS.

Yr gal will hv to stay in sch for ge courses and cca so u hv to take tat into consideration. Cos her class her ends at 2.30pm and the cca bus only leave the sch at 4pm.


Bedok to NYPS is ... very far.
not just distance to and fro both way every day, but also need to consider how about CCA days as well ? For GEP programme, on certain days, GEPpers need to stay back as well.

in the east - Tao Nan also a great Chinese (SAP + GEP) school.

of all the 9 GEP centres - NYPS is often by far the most popular (favorite) hot in demand, because is co-ed. Many parents will apply Nanyang.

in the event NYPS no more vacancy (even though she open up four GEP classes) and since you stay in Bedok, be mentally prepared that MOE may most likely post your child either to St Hilda (Anglican + GEP) or Tao Nan (SAP + GEP) school - whichever school that still has got vacancies left.

the GEP curriculum itself is already v demanding. The best to help your child is to find the nearest school, let child come home early, rest early.
Last edited by phtthp on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 13902
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:04 pm
Total Likes: 69


Re: Looking for sharing transportion Bedok - NYPS 2012(GEP)

Postby warshen » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:20 am

Thank u everybody for sharing ur idea.

warshen
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:08 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Looking for sharing transportion Bedok - NYPS 2012(GEP)

Postby sleepy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:17 am

superksmum wrote: The gals in NYPS also do not have an added advantage over others for DSA to NYGH or RGS. In fact, majority of the gals from NYPS did not received a confirmed offer from NYGH.


Why no added advantage? NYPS not affliated to NYGH? :scratchhead:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 9084
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:21 pm
Total Likes: 34


Re: Looking for sharing transportion Bedok - NYPS 2012(GEP)

Postby PiggyLalala » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:45 am

sleepy wrote:
superksmum wrote: The gals in NYPS also do not have an added advantage over others for DSA to NYGH or RGS. In fact, majority of the gals from NYPS did not received a confirmed offer from NYGH.


Why no added advantage? NYPS not affliated to NYGH? :scratchhead:


Yes. For the girls, it is definitely an added advantage.

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4013
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:11 pm
Total Likes: 16


Next

Return to GEP