GEP 2019

Academic support and discussions for GEP
Post Reply
Beloved3
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Jul 22,
Total Likes:12

Re: GEP 2019

Post by Beloved3 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:48 am

My son just called me! He said he had time to finish n paper was ok:)

butterwaffles
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue May 11,
Total Likes:1

Re: GEP 2019

Post by butterwaffles » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:54 am

Wow, your boy is good! Well done!

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 16389
Joined: Tue Dec 22,
Total Likes:162

Re: GEP 2019

Post by Nebbermind » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:08 am

floppy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:38 am
Nebbermind wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:40 am
...
b. Donch have to worry about psle in the future
Why?

GEP students don’t get a free pass in PSLE and DSA route is not as straightforward for them as before. If there are schools that they are aiming for, they would still have to work hard and meet its COP.
Coz if can prep in short time and get selected for GEP, then certainly it is a stroll for psle which is easier, no?

Beloved3
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Jul 22,
Total Likes:12

Re: GEP 2019

Post by Beloved3 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:39 am

butterwaffles wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:54 am
Wow, your boy is good! Well done!
I think usually English paper is easier for the kids compared to math?

cutepandabear
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Oct 17,
Total Likes:33

Re: GEP 2019

Post by cutepandabear » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:41 am

Not really. Difficulty varies from year to year. But I think its easier to guess for English than Maths generally.


Beloved3
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Jul 22,
Total Likes:12

Re: GEP 2019

Post by Beloved3 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:44 am

cutepandabear wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:41 am
Not really. Difficulty varies from year to year. But I think its easier to guess for English than Maths generally.
I think so too. Cos English harder to know if u get it right or wrong. Whereas math as the kid is doing, he will know if he knows how to solve or not

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 7786
Joined: Wed Jul 31,
Gender: Male
Total Likes:208

Re: GEP 2019

Post by floppy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:11 pm

Nebbermind wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:08 am
floppy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:38 am
Nebbermind wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:40 am
...
b. Donch have to worry about psle in the future
Why?

GEP students don’t get a free pass in PSLE and DSA route is not as straightforward for them as before. If there are schools that they are aiming for, they would still have to work hard and meet its COP.
Coz if can prep in short time and get selected for GEP, then certainly it is a stroll for psle which is easier, no?
Err... no.

Say, you learn to speak French in a short time, then certainly it should be a stroll for Spanish, Italian as well?

They are testing very different functions (and GEP doesn’t have Chinese component).

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 16389
Joined: Tue Dec 22,
Total Likes:162

Re: GEP 2019

Post by Nebbermind » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:44 pm

floppy wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:11 pm
Err... no.

Say, you learn to speak French in a short time, then certainly it should be a stroll for Spanish, Italian as well?

They are testing very different functions (and GEP doesn’t have Chinese component).
Perhaps...you do have a point.

hb
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jul 23,
Total Likes:3

Re: GEP 2019

Post by hb » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:46 pm

floppy wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:11 pm

Err... no.

Say, you learn to speak French in a short time, then certainly it should be a stroll for Spanish, Italian as well?

They are testing very different functions (and GEP doesn’t have Chinese component).
Actually, yes, because they're all Romance languages. :)

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

skii
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 361
Joined: Wed Jan 23,
Total Likes:3

Re: GEP 2019

Post by skii » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:04 pm

hb wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:46 pm
floppy wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:11 pm

Err... no.

Say, you learn to speak French in a short time, then certainly it should be a stroll for Spanish, Italian as well?

They are testing very different functions (and GEP doesn’t have Chinese component).
Actually, yes, because they're all Romance languages. :)

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
That I have to agree.... Yes for the stroll.

Post Reply