All About Dyslexia

Discuss issues related to children who have special needs or learning difficulties
FantasyLandDreams
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:15

Re: All About Dyslexia

Post by FantasyLandDreams » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:17 am

koriniji
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by koriniji » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:07 am

Hi all, im newbies in this forum, hope someone can give me some advice.
I have 4 kids , 2 with ADD n ADHD.
My eldest son (14yo this yr), we suspect that he have Dyslexia which school had pointed out that they think he have it and recommend us to bring him for the test.
His academic part do all well(mostly 70% above) except chinese(fail from P2) and english(borderline pass).
Should i go ahead to get him for the test? Should i seek for chinese exemption??
How should i go about it?? School recommended me a few centre. DAS is one of it but the waiting assessment is abit too long.

BeatriceC
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by BeatriceC » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:54 pm

Dear Parents,

I am hoping to recruit dyslexic children and their parents to participate in the 2nd phase of my study.

Your insight into the secondary school selection process -what support you've received, what can be improved around transition support, will be most helpful for research and to inform policy practice.

If you're interested please feel free to PM me (Beatrice Chua) or email me at Beatrice.Chua.16@ucl.ac.uk.

You can also sign up at www.tinyurl.com/MySecSch

Weiwei1979
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Weiwei1979 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:48 am

Hi all parents, I would like to share an new app called Spelling Lion on iPad. This app enable parents to type in the spelling list and let our kids learn their spelling. Because we were having hard time teaching our kids spelling, so we created this game. Hope it helps!
https://apps.apple.com/my/app/spellinglion/id1490205400