LEARNConcierge

All About (Global) Development Delays

Discuss issues related to children who have special needs or learning difficulties

Re: All About (Global) Development Delays

Postby mimikyu » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:00 pm

Snow24 wrote:Hi

What kind of school support or assistance are available for GDD child when in mainstream primary school.

Beside defer entering P1 is, there anything else, we can help the child to make improvements.

Can GDD be cured over time.

GDD can be improve.. we just need continue to work with them
, whatever resources we have for them.
Is your child still very young? having intervention/ therapy sessions will help and improve :smile:

mimikyu
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Hopeforbest » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:52 pm

Dear Parents,
I am glad to find this group chat. My girl have GDD and attending Rainbow EIPIC for 9 month. The teacher suggest we add on childcare so that she have can have more time mingle with kids (only child at home). I have visited a few childcare centre, but get instance reject even I told them mild delay. Does any parents come across any CC that around Punggol or sembawang area that accept GDD kids.
Or other than Childcare, is there any other option on daily basis (school - longer duration) to help her improve. EIPIC 2 hours program seem too short. I did explore ICCP, but heard long waiting lists.

Hopeforbest
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mimikyu » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:05 am

Hopeforbest wrote:Dear Parents,
I am glad to find this group chat. My girl have GDD and attending Rainbow EIPIC for 9 month. The teacher suggest we add on childcare so that she have can have more time mingle with kids (only child at home). I have visited a few childcare centre, but get instance reject even I told them mild delay. Does any parents come across any CC that around Punggol or sembawang area that accept GDD kids.
Or other than Childcare, is there any other option on daily basis (school - longer duration) to help her improve. EIPIC 2 hours program seem too short. I did explore ICCP, but heard long waiting lists.

Pls continue to find CC / preschool / playgroup for your child. Don't be discourage. usually the presch/CC will assess the child to see if they can cope in term of safety (if child not yet/unstable in walking) and ratio as well. some are really to have the child to try out 1st , some reject straight . I have seen a number of kids with asd / gdd/ DS attending preschool n CC. so continue to look for it and you can actually ask the social worker in rainbow school to help as well :smile:

mimikyu
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby choute » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:22 am

Tigermom10 wrote:I'm with Pte PD. In the MRI request form, it stated mild GDD with micro.
Any good neuro to recommend inKKH?
No diagnosis. No direction on the intervention other than PT...

Hi Tigermom,

Hopefully you are still following this thread. My daughter is in similar situation as your son was, need advice from you. Sent you pm. :thankyou:

choute
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby hlchionh » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:16 pm

Hi everyone, is there any support group for parent with kid with GDD? my son is P3 this year in mainstream. His temper is quite hard to manage lately. very stressful

hlchionh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mimikyu » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:55 am

hlchionh wrote:Hi everyone, is there any support group for parent with kid with GDD? my son is P3 this year in mainstream. His temper is quite hard to manage lately. very stressful

I'm interested to know as well. My Son just started Pri 1 this year.

mimikyu
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Snow24 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:50 am

hlchionh wrote:Hi everyone, is there any support group for parent with kid with GDD? my son is P3 this year in mainstream. His temper is quite hard to manage lately. very stressful

Hi

Is he feeling stress. School just reopened he could be adjusting too.

May need to look at what trigger his temper.

Snow24
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby hlchionh » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:40 am

I believe so. As P3 change of new form teacher and classmates. I understand his learning will be slower than peer but he is also very low motivation in doing his work. Since P1 till now he never take out his homework, spelling or pack his bag. I need to remind him everyday. Even though we came out a do list after school together.

hlchionh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby choute » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:05 am

Dear parents,

Very happy to find this group chat and thank you very much for all the useful information shared.

I need your advice for my DD who is diagnosised as gross motor skills delay. She is 12 months now and started PT at nuh at 11 months. Would like to understand more how PT works, cos the therapist only assessed her condition and showed us what we can do at home to train DD. I thought the therapist would train her, but seems that is not the case. Can experienced parents share if this should be the case? Thanks!

choute
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby hlchionh » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi Choute,
Usually PT assess and will teach the parent what to do at home. As the duration with the PT is very short so at home we need to do it at a regular basis to help the kids to improve. From then on as the kid improve, the PT will recommend other exercise accordingly.
Hope this help.

hlchionh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to Special Needs & Learning Difficulties

LEARNConcierge