All About Schools With Good Support For Special Needs Kids

Discuss issues related to children who have special needs or learning difficulties
Carebearz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: All About Schools With Good Support For Special Needs Ki

Post by Carebearz » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:59 pm

Alin wrote:I am planning to locate my kid in zee juniors due the need for intervention. May i know how is their mainstream preschool being carried out? Read various reviews (from both extreme) and am now in splithairs..Cheers.

Some parents think that Zee’s mainstream cirruculum does not adequately prepare their children for primary school. My friends to,d me that their kids have been exposed to number bonds, simple fractions, composition and comprehension in K2.
While Zee does teach additions, subtractions, composition and comprehension but these are at slower pace and simple worksheets.

It depends on what you want for your child. For me, I was alright with it, especially when my kid enjoyed school and the teachers are really caring.
I’m not in a hurry to put him off school and my decision was proven right when during his primary school orientation, the principal kept stressing on not sending kids to tuition because kids get rowdy and distracted in class when they have already learned the syllabus outside.

And in the 4 years, my son was there, they had the same team of teachers, low turnover rate as compared to his previous school, the teachers change every few months.
Zee also had the odd case of HFMD occasionally but never had to shut down as the school is quick to react. In his previous school, they shut down twice,each time for 2 weeks within 1 year.

Amy overall experience with Zee has been good, hence will recommend it if you like the more relax pacing.

Vanz
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: All About Schools With Good Support For Special Needs Kids

Post by Vanz » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:30 am

Recognising that some kids just learn a little differently, lessons are customised and adapted to each child’s individual needs to help them achieve independence and academic success. You can check Bright Path Preschool..

thrivepsychologyclinic
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by thrivepsychologyclinic » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi Parents!

We are from Thrive Psychology Clinic, and we have launched many new workshops this upcoming December Holiday that have been specially designed and tailored for children from ages 6-12. Our programmes are not only for children and youths, but also their parents, and therapists in the field, and covers an extensive range of topics such as social skills, positive self-talk and many more.

1. Sign Language: Teaching Techniques for Special Needs Children
Sign language, a powerful tool to enhance verbal communication, has been demonstrated to be beneficial to the social, emotional and cognitive development of its child learners. Join us in this workshop to explore the various ways to help children with special needs reach their full potential.
Dates: 15 November or 20 December 2019
Time: 6-8pm (2-hours)
Suitable for: Therapists and Parents with Special Needs Children

2. My Voice, My Choice: Be Your Own Greatest Encourager
A workshop designed to introduce positive self-talk to improve the way our children talk to and think about themselves, leading to more confident and mentally healthy children.
Dates: 3 & 10 December 2019
Time: 1 - 3pm (2-hours)
Suitable for: Ages 6-9

3. Little Executives: A Social Skills Workshop for Our Little Ones
Covering from verbal to non-verbal communication such as speech, gestures and body language, this 4-week programme aims to impart social skills that are essential for children's social development, allowing them to have better understanding and relationships in social settings.
Dates: 5, 12, 19, 26 December 2019
Time: 3 - 5pm (2-hours)
Suitable for: Ages 6-9

4. Fret Not, Stress Not.
A 2-day holiday programme designed to introduce emotion-focused and problem-focused coping methods to the children, as well as ways to identify the most suitable coping method to deal with their challenges.
Date: 6 & 13 December 2019
Time: 10am - 12pm (2-hours)
Suitable for: Ages 9-12

5. Overcoming Dyslexia: An Interactive Approach
Dates: Every Wednesday, from 1st Dec 2019
Time: 3 - 4pm (1-hour)
Suitable for: Beginner, Primary 1 and 2 Mandarin-speaking children with Dyslexia

To sign up, or to view our other December Holiday Workshops, do visit our Facebook Page "Thrive Psychology Clinic", or drop us an email at info@thrivepsychology.com.sg :)

NTU ASD01 STUDY
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by NTU ASD01 STUDY » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:03 pm

ARE YOU A MOTHER OF A CHILD WITH ASD? Sign up for our study to help us learn about your relationship with your child.  Your involvement in the study would consist of completing a one-hour online survey. You can complete the study at your convenience and will be compensated for your time. 
Mothers of a child with ASD who is between the ages of 3-7 years old are eligible to participate. 
If interested, call Ms. Chloe Hong at +65 9652 8075 or email asdresearch01@gmail.com.  Alternatively, contact the Social and Affective Neuroscience Lab at 65921573. For more information on the study, call with questions.