All About Speech Therapy

Discuss issues related to children who have special needs or learning difficulties
scang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:6

Re: All About Speech Therapy

Post by scang » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:58 pm

tezila wrote:Is there who knows speech therapies for adults? I would like to know some techniques to do that. please
You can learn more about Hanen: It Takes Two to Talk workshop or program.
It can help in Speech delay in toddlers and speech therapy.

scang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by scang » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:40 pm

scang wrote:
tezila wrote:Is there who knows speech therapies for adults? I would like to know some techniques to do that. please
You can learn more about Hanen: It Takes Two to Talk workshop or program.
It can help in Speech delay in toddlers and speech therapy.

Btw, you can purchase it online if you need some guide and techniques on what to do. Both book and DVD are available.

It-Takes-Two-to-Talk

scang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by scang » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:49 am

Brianna123 wrote:We aim to give you as much information as possible to support you and your child. There are plenty of activities and opportunities available and we hope you can find something in your local area that will be helpful to you.

Diferent designs of Fire Rated Windows
Brianna123,

The topic is on Speech Therapy and related info, not SPAM!

Elias
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Elias » Fri May 09, 2014 1:25 am

Hi,

Any good speech delay therapist as my 2 year old cant talk much abt not more them 1 words,

Pls pm me privately. thanks

Tarotsgirl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Tarotsgirl » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:05 am

Any idea how shd I go abt getting an assessment by a speech therapy? Shd I visit a Polyclinic first, n get a referral to kkh? Or go str to a pte one and assess immediately?
My son is 20 mths old and doesn't utter a single word.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:227

Post by slmkhoo » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:29 am

Tarotsgirl wrote:Any idea how shd I go abt getting an assessment by a speech therapy? Shd I visit a Polyclinic first, n get a referral to kkh? Or go str to a pte one and assess immediately?
My son is 20 mths old and doesn't utter a single word.
See your GP or paediatrician first. It's still within the bounds of 'normal' for a child not to speak at this age. My older girl only spoke her first recognisable word just before her 2nd birthday, but went on to progress very fast after that. Is his hearing normal (does he turn to your voice, look around to check out noises behind him etc)? If there are no problems with hearing, it could be that he will start soon, but is just one of the later speakers.

Tarotsgirl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Tarotsgirl » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:49 pm

[/quote]
See your GP or paediatrician first. It's still within the bounds of 'normal' for a child not to speak at this age. My older girl only spoke her first recognisable word just before her 2nd birthday, but went on to progress very fast after that. Is his hearing normal (does he turn to your voice, look around to check out noises behind him etc)? If there are no problems with hearing, it could be that he will start soon, but is just one of the later speakers.[/quote]

His hearing is normal and responds to our voices depending on his mood.. But he doesn't point to the things we say or his body parts. He is also shy outside and will hide whenever his teacher try to sing and dance.. Wonder if he is autism too but gp say he is too young to be diagnose w autism

Tarotsgirl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Tarotsgirl » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:51 pm

[/quote]
See your GP or paediatrician first. It's still within the bounds of 'normal' for a child not to speak at this age. My older girl only spoke her first recognisable word just before her 2nd birthday, but went on to progress very fast after that. Is his hearing normal (does he turn to your voice, look around to check out noises behind him etc)? If there are no problems with hearing, it could be that he will start soon, but is just one of the later speakers.[/quote]

His hearing is normal and responds to our voices depending on his mood.. But he doesn't point to the things we say or his body parts. He is also shy outside and will hide whenever his teacher try to sing and dance.. Wonder if he is autism too but gp say he is too young to be diagnose w autism

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:227

Post by slmkhoo » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:35 pm

Tarotsgirl wrote:

His hearing is normal and responds to our voices depending on his mood.. But he doesn't point to the things we say or his body parts. He is also shy outside and will hide whenever his teacher try to sing and dance.. Wonder if he is autism too but gp say he is too young to be diagnose w autism[/quote]
Yes, he's too young to be diagnosed. He could just be an introvert. Just keep talking to him and encourage him to interact with you as much as possible.

Tarotsgirl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Tarotsgirl » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Thanks slmkhoo!