All About Speech Therapy

Discuss issues related to children who have special needs or learning difficulties
Kalikat
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Speech Therapy

Post by Kalikat » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi, can anyone recommend me a speech therapist in the West area?

glimmer
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by glimmer » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:05 am

Hi, has anyone tried Leap Frog ST recently?

Ms. Ooi
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Ms. Ooi » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:41 am

Hi, I'm a private educational therapist. I'm providing home based intervention for children who has speech and language delay and others diagnosis. Kindly go to https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/serv ... ial-needs/ to find out more! I'm ready to support you and your child.

EstherP
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by EstherP » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:37 am

Found this top 10 speech therapy through Yelp. I thought this might help. https://www.yelp.com.sg/search?cflt=spe ... =Singapore

doriantownsend
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by doriantownsend » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:40 pm

ACCEL offers 3 programs; 1. Educational Services 2. Adult Services 3. BISTA Clinic.
Educational services constitute Exceptional educational, behavioral, therapeutic, and vocational programs for special need child age 5-22.

Jazzcy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Total Likes:1

Post by Jazzcy » Thu May 16, 2019 12:33 am

I have not posted anything for years but thought I should share my good experience at Headstart for life.

My son did fortnightly speech therapy sessions with Teacher Jona and he improved so much that she discharged him after 6 mths. As my son has other language based learning disabilities, he took another EP assessment recently (the previous one from DAS was three years ago), the EP is very impressed with his vast improvement on expressive and receptive skills.

I am still working on my son's spelling and decoding skills.... and also comprehension and other written skills.... to address his dyslexia. Happy to hear any recommendations

foodandflights
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by foodandflights » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:51 am

be yourself and try to be confident, imagine surroundings are your comfort zone

foodandflights
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by foodandflights » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:29 pm

Speech Language Therapy involves the management and treatment of various conditions affecting a person’s ability to speak, communicate, eat and drink.

foodandflights
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by foodandflights » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:29 pm

At the initial consultation, a Speech-Language Therapist will review the child’s medical and social history and obtain any relevant information before conducting an evaluation of the child’s communication, feeding or swallowing skills

foodandflights
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by foodandflights » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:30 pm

Treatment programs include development of home programs with parental involvement