All About Pathlight School

Discuss issues related to children who have special needs or learning difficulties
ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:23

Re: All About Pathlight School

Post by ImMeeMee » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:16 pm

Jdslkoh17 wrote:Hi All, i'm not sure if this thread is still active. I m new to this forum and i hv 2 boys aged 9 yrs and the younger one at 16 mths. My eldest boy was diagnosed ASD and now in the process of applying for a place in Pathlight with the help of Child Guidance Clinic. I don't hv my parents' support in my decision to put my boy in Pathlight. I kept asking myself if i hv made the right decision. My intuition tells me that my boy will benefit from Pathlight in the long run. My boy struggled v hard in mainstream for 3 yrs n i don't intend to put my boy thru more pressuring times ahead.

Hopefully my boy will b able to get admitted by next year term 2.

Happy Holidays to All! :lovesite: :imcool: :rahrah: :lol:
Jdslkoh

There has always been an ongoing debate on whether to opt for mainstream or SPED schools for our children. There is no easy answer to this and there will be pressures either way. But in the here and now, follow your intuition cos that is about the only thing that you can fall back on.

JMHO. All the best to your application. :smile:

Snow24
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Snow24 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:46 am

Hi

What time does child need reach Pathlight School for flag rising ceremony ?

ssee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ssee » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:35 am

Hi All,
I'm new to this thread. Wondering if there is other alternatives to Pathlight School other than school bus? My boy is being offered a place in PL primary 1, starting next month after cny. We were thrilled about it, until the school bus company told us that the bus to my residence, Pasir Ris is full. Really at my wit's end now..

Snow24
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Snow24 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi

Anyone can share does Pathlight have supplementary lesson for weaker student ?

Karenthk
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Karenthk » Fri May 27, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi,

Any parents here will be applying to Pathlight school for their kids in P1 in 2017 ?

I had applied but apparently my child is put on waiting list for the intake assessment.

Anyone also face the same case before?

Does it mean there is no chance to even get in ? When they didn't even do the assessment?

Fische07
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Fische07 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:01 am

Hi Karenthk, i received the same letter before then after a while received an email inviting us for assessment. I went for the assessment in june. Its not confirm no chance, just wait a while and see how. Their assessment is ongoing de, when i went for open house they say throughout the year they conduct admissions so its ok. Hope these helps.

Qing8huat
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Qing8huat » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:00 pm

My niece has not go thru any professional assessment yet but I felt that she will not be able to go to mainstream p1 next year.

May I know if we can do an assessment with PL or we need to go to the polyclinic to get a referral letter to nuh for a diagnosis?

Hope to hear from some advices here ASAP please. ..

Thanks. .
Ros

Momof2babies
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Momof2babies » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:45 pm

Qing8huat wrote:My niece has not go thru any professional assessment yet but I felt that she will not be able to go to mainstream p1 next year.

May I know if we can do an assessment with PL or we need to go to the polyclinic to get a referral letter to nuh for a diagnosis?

Hope to hear from some advices here ASAP please. ..

Thanks. .
Ros

yes, thats correct Ros. You need to get an official diagnose as well as assessment from doctor (amongst other mandatory documents) to apply to PL. Having said that, there are children who are just simply not ready for p1, but they do not have any learning disabilities. So best is to consult professional before jumping in to any conclusion. Hope this helps.

mjh00567
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by mjh00567 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi does anyone know what is the current P1 intake of PL? I'm just wondering how many times it has been oversubscribed every year

smimum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by smimum » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:07 pm

Hi everyone
It's been encouraging to read through everyone's experience in Pathlight. My Son is joining P1 standard in Jan 2018 and we are excited about this journey. Just wanted to shout out and connect with any other parents whose kids are in the P1 2018 batch at Pathlight .