Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About Pathlight School

Discuss issues related to children who have special needs or learning difficulties

Re: All About Pathlight School

Postby twinmom2011 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:11 pm

smimum wrote:Hi everyone
It's been encouraging to read through everyone's experience in Pathlight. My Son is joining P1 standard in Jan 2018 and we are excited about this journey. Just wanted to shout out and connect with any other parents whose kids are in the P1 2018 batch at Pathlight .

Hi smimum,
Congratulations, my son is in Angsana class P1 standard next year too.

twinmom2011
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby twinmom2011 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:14 pm

Dear parents,

I am looking for student care for my son who will starting his P1 next year in PL.
Prefer those student cares near by PL and in Tampines area who willing accepts special needs
Any recommendations are welcome.

twinmom2011
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ImMeeMee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:12 pm

PL is a small community. Before long you will get to know fellow parents of your child's classmates as well as form your class communication network.

All the best!

ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Muaji » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:12 am

Hi all, my boy will be in PL standard class next year in 2019! Been struggling if to enroll him to normal sch or PL, he has been accepted by both and his intervention sch teacher from Rainbow and KK doc also say he is ok for both, but i do see small social gaps in him if he goes to mainstream... was really a dilemma and stressful period for us...Just wanna check if any parent whose kid will be in PL standard class as well?? :D

Muaji
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ImMeeMee » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:43 pm

Muaji wrote:Hi all, my boy will be in PL standard class next year in 2019! Been struggling if to enroll him to normal sch or PL, he has been accepted by both and his intervention sch teacher from Rainbow and KK doc also say he is ok for both, but i do see small social gaps in him if he goes to mainstream... was really a dilemma and stressful period for us...Just wanna check if any parent whose kid will be in PL standard class as well?? :D

Muaji

My DD3 is in PL p5 this year.

I can't give you a definite answer to your question, but your thoughts about your child's social gaps in this thread and the other thread seem quite telling.

If i may share, one major concern we have about our children is bullying in school, and this relates to social skills and social interactions with the peers. A more structured environment like PL is more controlled in that sense.

I have come across parents who enrol their children in PL during early years and then switch to mainstream after a couple years when they deem the child ready. There are also parents who enrol their children in PL for primary years and then switch back to mainstream during secondary school. It's not impossible though there is another learning curve to overcome then.

Hope these insights could help you in your decision making. There's no right and wrong and I had similar struggles back then. If all else fails, follow your gut feel and do what's best for the child here and now. With the unknown in our special children, we can only take one step at a time and not think too far ahead.

All the best!

ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lovejetty » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:45 pm

Muaji wrote:Hi all, my boy will be in PL standard class next year in 2019! Been struggling if to enroll him to normal sch or PL, he has been accepted by both and his intervention sch teacher from Rainbow and KK doc also say he is ok for both, but i do see small social gaps in him if he goes to mainstream... was really a dilemma and stressful period for us...Just wanna check if any parent whose kid will be in PL standard class as well?? :D

Hi, my son was accepted into pathlight p1 standard for 2019 too! Was a struggle for me initially as I really wish for him to mix with nt kids more. But my fren advised me, most impt is my son must be happy, otherwise go neighbourhood mainstream also no use. Also I'm very scare he will get bullied at mainstream school. Hence decided to accept PL offer. Hope to see you at the nov orientation!:D

lovejetty
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Muaji » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:40 pm

ImMeeMee wrote:

Muaji

My DD3 is in PL p5 this year.

I can't give you a definite answer to your question, but your thoughts about your child's social gaps in this thread and the other thread seem quite telling.

If i may share, one major concern we have about our children is bullying in school, and this relates to social skills and social interactions with the peers. A more structured environment like PL is more controlled in that sense.

I have come across parents who enrol their children in PL during early years and then switch to mainstream after a couple years when they deem the child ready. There are also parents who enrol their children in PL for primary years and then switch back to mainstream during secondary school. It's not impossible though there is another learning curve to overcome then.

Hope these insights could help you in your decision making. There's no right and wrong and I had similar struggles back then. If all else fails, follow your gut feel and do what's best for the child here and now. With the unknown in our special children, we can only take one step at a time and not think too far ahead.

All the best!

Thank you so much ImMeeMee! Yes, i think i have made up my mind somehow...ultimately my main goal is for him to be happy and enjoy going school to learn new things everyday... so true that we can only take one step at a time.... we will see how he goes and if can pull him out and transfer to mainstream after pr 3 and hopefully he will be more mature to manage, accept and adapt to the mainstream setting...

How is your boy coping in PL so far? i heard the school work is quite heavy and they are rather strict with parent's involvement as well, am abit nervous and excited abt that tho.... :sweat:

Muaji
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Muaji » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:42 pm

lovejetty wrote:

Hi, my son was accepted into pathlight p1 standard for 2019 too! Was a struggle for me initially as I really wish for him to mix with nt kids more. But my fren advised me, most impt is my son must be happy, otherwise go neighbourhood mainstream also no use. Also I'm very scare he will get bullied at mainstream school. Hence decided to accept PL offer. Hope to see you at the nov orientation!:D

Hello lovejetty! Yes! lets meet at the orientation and support each other, any other mummies are all welcome! :rahrah:

Muaji
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby oceanluv » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:05 pm

Hi to any parent's kid in Pathlight 2019 Foundation class.

My DD will be starting next year. Looking forward to a new start.

:rahrah:

oceanluv
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby lluvia » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:48 am

Hello to All Wonderful Parents here...

Hihi...I’m new to this chat room. I hope to learn more from all of you and share informations and advices here.

Firstly, thank you very much to ImMeeMee for setting up this chat room. :thankyou:

My DD is also starting P1 at Pathlight in 2019. I’m very excited, anxious and worried too...being a first time parent preparing my DD for primary school. I hope my DD can cope with the new environment, people, and lifestyle at Pathlight. My DD is timid, shy and doesn’t speak much. But she likes to have friends and play with friends. Just that she doesn’t express much and not sure how to converse with friends. She has always been alone as she’s my only child. She doesn’t have cousin her age. I hope she can make more friends in Pathlight and enjoys her new chapter in life there.

To Muaji, Lovejetty, OceanLuv and all parents whose child is enrolling with Pathlight in 2019... Congratulations!!! :rahrah: And cya all around. :smile:

Lastly, does anyone knows what time the Pathlight School bus usually comes for pick up in the morning? I live in Punggol by the way. I am having headache big time... finding for transportation for my DD. Any carpool service from Punggol to Pathlight?

Hope to hear some advices here soon.

Thank you!

Cheers,
LR

lluvia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to Special Needs & Learning Difficulties

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres