NUS Research Study- Siblings of children with autism

Discuss issues related to children who have special needs or learning difficulties

NUS Research Study- Siblings of children with autism

Postby MelissaWong21 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi Parents! :smile:

I am a Psychology student from the National University of Singapore (NUS) and am currently doing research for my thesis, which studies how older siblings of children with autism relate to peers.

I am targeting the following families:
1) Age of the child with autism: younger than a neurotypical sibling (who will not participate in the study)
2) Age of older sibling (typically developing): between 11 to 16 years of age (who will participate in the study)

Examples of suitable families
(a) 9 year old child with autism + 12 year old typically developing sibling, (b) 13 year old child with autism + 15 year old typically developing sibling

The research process consists of a one-off 20 minutes quantitative interview with the older sibling at the families’ preferred location in Singapore. The interview requires the older sibling to read some descriptions and fill in questionnaires.

All data will be confidential.

A small token of appreciation will be given. Participating families will also be entitled to a waiver of consultation charge ($108) at Mind Culture for signing up of therapy sessions. For more information, visit

I would really appreciate if you could help me out as I am passionate about doing research in the special needs field.

Kindly PM me if you would like to help :) Thank you so much!

Return to Special Needs & Learning Difficulties