I have some nagging concerns about my son who is now 19+mths about his speech/language delays.
1. He doesn't respond to his name at all. But he understands and responds to instructions sometimes.
2. He cannot talk other than 4 words - mama/papa/baobao/tickle.
3. He doesn't use the words mama/papa meaningfully. Baobao & tickle yes.
4. He doesn't like to face me when I tried to pull his face towards mine when I mouthed all the different words. But he can face me when we are playing.
5. I brought him for kindermusik and julia gabriel classes - he's not very sociable with other kids but he responds to his teachers.
6. He's very curious but he does not participate like for example pass a ball to another kid. Or play with other kids.
7. He's very inattentive in class and can wander all around the class on his own without regard for the others, even while others are concentrating to do some special tasks like arts & craft etc.
I checked against a couple of development checklists - he's ok with all except for the speech/language development portion (by now, he should be talking at least 20-50words) and borderline on the social/personal portion.
I am wondering if I should bring him to a speech therapist/ development specialist/ psychologist to help him out. There are so many specialists around and I do not know which is the one I should go to for help.
Thanks and regards,