sharing tutition service for child with learning problem

Discuss issues related to children who have special needs or learning difficulties

sharing tutition service for child with learning problem

Postby Snow24 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi

Did you place your child in group tutition or 1 to 1 home tutition for child with learning problem eg ADHD or mild autism in mainstream school?

Which tutition/enrichment centres or 1 to 1 teacher you are engaging to support the child.

Thank you.

Snow24
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: sharing tutition service for child with learning problem

Postby sushigal » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:05 pm

So which problem is your child facing? ADHD or Austim?

sushigal
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Snow24 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Hi

More of ADHD.

Snow24
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sushigal » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:46 pm

If ADHD, it will outgrow when they are older like P4 or P5 depending on the family support given.

My friend's son has outgrow in P4 now. He is a lot better. Mother supports and school counsellor also comes in to help.

All this are very important.

I would suggest 1 hour tuition will do in your house for 1 - 1. No group tuition bec he might go and walk around and disturb other students.

Tell the tutor about your child's condition which I did for my girl who has SPD. The tutor was very understanding to accept 1 hour tuition in my home.

Serious ADHD must seek treatment.

How old is your son? How serious?

sushigal
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Snow24 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:36 pm

Hi Sushigal

My son is 4 years old.

The 1 to 1 tutor you hired is it the normal tutor or those tutor who is trained in teaching special needs child in academic subject ?

My son ADHD is walking around,lying down on the floor in.group class.I am thinking of changing him to 1 to 1 tutor as I don't think his behaviours is acceptable in group class.

Is that consider not serious ADHD?

Do you know what your fren did to help his/ her son to improve his classroom behaviour to function in the school?

Snow24
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sushigal » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:48 am

4 years old, what kind of tuition are you giving him?

I'm glad you recognise his behaviour is not acceptable. I come across many parents are in denial and by then their children grow older, it's going to train the child.

I believe in early intervention.

sushigal
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby little doggie » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi mummies,

I m keen in getting private tutor 1-1 for my GDD boy too. Appreciate if you could share any contact.

Thanks in advance

little doggie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Blessedwife » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:24 pm

Hi snow24

Did u ever consider letting yr child learn a musical instrument. This is to instill self discipline and maybe it can help tame him ?

Just my humble suggestion :)

Blessedwife
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sushigal » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:15 pm

When a child is ADHD, do you think playing an instrument helps?

Try not to do the opposite reason being you will only waste your time and money.

Since only 4 years old, I would suggest you send him/her for enrichment instead of tuition. Enrich the child. I did that for my gal. I send her for Speech & Drama. Not only it helps her in her language it also helps her in her confidence level. The teacher said to them: a child learns better when he/she relax. Which is so true!

I tried piano for gal too! After 9 months, she herself give up. I did not force after that.

Give your child time to develop himself. He only came to this world 4 years ago. Don't put too pressure on yourself and the child. Enjoy the time first.

sushigal
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Blessedwife » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:58 pm

sushigal wrote:When a child is ADHD, do you think playing an instrument helps?

Try not to do the opposite reason being you will only waste your time and money.

Since only 4 years old, I would suggest you send him/her for enrichment instead of tuition. Enrich the child. I did that for my gal. I send her for Speech & Drama. Not only it helps her in her language it also helps her in her confidence level. The teacher said to them: a child learns better when he/she relax. Which is so true!

I tried piano for gal too! After 9 months, she herself give up. I did not force after that.

Give your child time to develop himself. He only came to this world 4 years ago. Don't put too pressure on yourself and the child. Enjoy the time first.

It didn't helped your girl doesn't mean it won't helped others.

I came across a mother who told me that his boy improved on his behavior after he learned violin and she was the one who took over my son's preloved violin.

Blessedwife
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Special Needs & Learning Difficulties