Growing Up Gifted

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.
tinglebellz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Growing Up Gifted

Post by tinglebellz » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:20 pm

cruisercruiser wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:53 am
Hi tinglebellz,

May I know what level your child is currently in? What is the teacher to student ratio? My boy is starting PG in Nov 18.

Is the $200 rebate for as long as the child is in the level?

TYIA!
Hi cruisercruiser,

The $200 rebate is regardless of the level. I have PM you more details :)

shoppingger@gmail.com
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by shoppingger@gmail.com » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:25 pm

hello... how about the enrichment programs for babies and toddlers at the tampines outlet? anyone there? also wondering if the enrichment teachers are same as the childcare teachers?

and anyone can share if the classroom for childcare is open concept like sparkletots or proper classrooms?

school fees of $1.8k is before subsidy? how about price range for add-ons such as enrichment, excursions, concerts if any, etc

tinglebellz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by tinglebellz » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:03 am

shoppingger@gmail.com wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:25 pm
hello... how about the enrichment programs for babies and toddlers at the tampines outlet? anyone there? also wondering if the enrichment teachers are same as the childcare teachers?

and anyone can share if the classroom for childcare is open concept like sparkletots or proper classrooms?

school fees of $1.8k is before subsidy? how about price range for add-ons such as enrichment, excursions, concerts if any, etc
Hi shoppingger,

During the school tour, I was told the prechool curriculum consists of the enrichment programs so there is no need for us to enrol in both preschool and enrichment. Last I know was some of the childcare teachers will teach for enrichment as well.

The classrooms are proper classrooms with heavy furnitures like cupboard, shoe shelves, bookshelves as built-in. Each classroom has glass panels as windows so you can look into the classroom. But there is a walkway at the entrance where you have to walk through before reaching the classrooms inside. So it's not possible for parents to take a peep anytime they pass by the school.

Yup, $1.8k is before subsidy. Class photo is $35-$45. No need to add on enrichment since its already in the preschool curriculum. I have not encountered excursions and concerts so unable to advise.

They have Welcome Day (i.e. Open House) for Tampines branch on 12 Oct (coming Sat), Thomson branch on 19 Oct and Katong branch on 2 Nov. Timing is 10am-12pm. Heard that there are savings of up to $3,000 when you enrol during the Welcome Day. There will be further $200 discount for referral.

This school is even being featured in Straits Times on 24 Sep 2019. Perhaps you could visit the school to take a look. Let me know if you need more info.

Childrenmatters
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Childrenmatters » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:56 pm

Hi Shoppinger, I have recently attended a trial class on montessori phonics for my toddler at Lucky Heights. The teachers seems to be very patient and loving. The centre has a complete montessori setup, it is a branch out from My Prep School at Mandarin Gardens (they have another at Kembangan too). I will be enrolling my child soon. You may like to try out. Not sure where you are staying.