YWCA Childcare Centres

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

YWCA Childcare Centres

Postby elEPhant mom » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:22 pm

Original Title: Re: ANY1's kids at YWCA Mcnair

Hi,

I planning to enrol my baby boy into YWCA childcare at Mcnair Road, anyone have any info on this childcare.

please advise me...

elEPhant mom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:18 pm

I have not seen the YWCA @ McNair road, but I've got a not so good experience with YWCA @ Bedok South.

This was back in 2002. The YWCA is one of those childcare centres situated at a buildup area in the void deck of a HDB block in Bedok. The whole experience was pretty bad... the food was not good, and they let the kids watch TV to keep them occupied. There were no enrichment lessons to speak of... it was just a babysitting service as far as I can tell. Security was pretty bad too, and the teachers were either overwhelmed or bo-chap.

Things are probably different now, and the McNair road centre may be much better. Suggest you go visit the centre during one weekday morning and see for yourself the kids' activities there.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby elEPhant mom » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Hi, Thanks for your advise... I had visited their centre on Sat morning. wanna to go on friday afternoon but they do not allow, and I find it funny... I will ask to visit them on 1 weekday, so that I can see how the kids and their activities...

thanks again...

elEPhant mom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mintcc » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:17 pm

Hi eIEPhant mom,

What I used to do is ...just go and peep first. heee hee. Just go act blurr and look see.

Sats are more for if you have questions on so forth or want to register or tour the place then they can attend to you. If you want to see what the action is like on a regular day then just go. A good time is around 9:30 to 11:00 am when most children are already there and finished breakfast and teachers don't have to deal with receiving the children in. Then you can see how the teachers usually handle the kids.

If you call, most centers will try to pursuade you not to go on a weekday cause they will be more busy mah. But it is good cause if you are not comfortable with what you see, just get their form. Say you need to rush back to work etc, get their forms and go. Can always go back on a saturday with your kid if you shortlist them.

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby elEPhant mom » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:46 pm

Hi Mincy,

Thanks for your advise! I will tried it and maybe will tried to talk those parents who pick up their childred one of these day, find out more from them... heehee...

elEPhant mom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:21 pm

mincy wrote:Hi eIEPhant mom,

What I used to do is ...just go and peep first. heee hee. Just go act blurr and look see.

Sats are more for if you have questions on so forth or want to register or tour the place then they can attend to you. If you want to see what the action is like on a regular day then just go. A good time is around 9:30 to 11:00 am when most children are already there and finished breakfast and teachers don't have to deal with receiving the children in. Then you can see how the teachers usually handle the kids.

If you call, most centers will try to pursuade you not to go on a weekday cause they will be more busy mah. But it is good cause if you are not comfortable with what you see, just get their form. Say you need to rush back to work etc, get their forms and go. Can always go back on a saturday with your kid if you shortlist them.

Yes... absolutely agree with mincy. You need to be wary of schools that tell u to come only on a weekend... what u see will be generally just a demo and a walkthru of an empty place. Most of Singapore's pre-schools don't like parents around when they are with children... not just because they have less time to psycho you, but possibly they're scared to have you see them at work (or not at work :evil: ).

mincy's strategy is a really good one. For half day childcare, go around 10am to check out on their education programme. For full day childcare, go around 4pm when the kids are awake to see what the childcare have in store for them.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby mintcc » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:07 pm

hua! you guys have good strategies too!

eIEPhant mom, talking to the parents is a good idea. Sometimes in the morning, after they drop their kids off, some SAHM and grandparents will hang around. So that's a good time to tlk to them.

ChiefKiasu's idea of goinig after 4 to look at the afternoon program is good too. One place I went have TV time from 4:00 onwards till the kids go home so add that to morning TV the kid will have more than 3 hrs of TV in skool.

keep us updated, okie?

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby elEPhant mom » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:23 pm

Hi all.. thanks a lot for all the advises..

Heehee, I will be on leave sometimes March 2008 and will spy at them soon...

elEPhant mom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

YWCA

Postby JennyP » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:48 pm

Dear All

I there any mama try before the YWCA childcare?
your valuable opinion is very much apprecaited

Thanks
Jenny

JennyP
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby superbee » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:00 pm

elEPhant mom wrote:Hi all.. thanks a lot for all the advises..

Heehee, I will be on leave sometimes March 2008 and will spy at them soon...

hi elEphant mom
wonder if u can feedback whether u did send your child there eventually? cos i m considering to put my girl there in jan 2010. thanks

superbee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools