Seedling Learning Hub

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Seedlings Patch

Postby atxr » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:09 pm

Title: Feedback on Seedlings Patch

Dear Mummies

I am in the midst of sourcing for childcare service for my boy nx yr.

Does anybody have experience w/ Seedlings Patch? I've spoken to them, seems not too bad, but again, which centre doesn't 'promote' theirs?

They hv Montessori + Thematic approach learning, which I think is not a bad idea. Cos I've ever heard Montessori teaching is more like leaving them alone to do self-exploring. If so, then isn't it we pay them to do/ learn nothing? Might as well engage a maid & watch over them while they self-explore?

Seedlings Patch has 2 centres, one at Dawson, 1 at Bt Panjang http://www.seedlings.com.sg , and I am looking at the one at BP. Going forward their fees will be increased. Current fee at BP is $700 bt nx yr will be $800 b4 subsidy, which means $500.

Please help...... :?

atxr
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby atxr » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:12 pm

can anybody plssssssssss help?

atxr
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby atxr » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:15 pm

nobody has heard of them b4?????

atxr
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby atxr » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:18 am

seems like quite alot of viewers rather than posters on this topic.

Nobody heard of anything??????

atxr
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Seedlings Patch at BP

Postby confused_jo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:00 pm

atxr wrote:seems like quite alot of viewers rather than posters on this topic.

Nobody heard of anything??????

weird... I did a search on this centre but really can't find any comments! so unpopular?? :cry:
My beautician's dotter is in this centre and she told me its not bad; her 3.5 y.o. can read and write well. thats all she can tell me :idea:
ai yo... can someone give more detials?? I am also considering to put my gal there but not sure if its a good one?? :stupid:

confused_jo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby luvmum » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:30 am

Me sharing....

When I was doing my childcare scouting, Seedlings Patch was one of the consideration. Spoken to the teacher (quite ok) and looking at the environment (messy I feel, cramped), I did not sign my child up at that time though I like their reading corners. Even playground is indoor which makes it more congested. :evil:

I enrol my child to Children's campus at Cashew Height. U will see a difference and the course fee is $850 for full day care. At that time, the school was newly opened so teacher quality was good. Centre mgr is professional and helpful. Overall childcaring, curriculum and teaching are rated as good. But since end of last yr, can see the standard of the teacher dropped when the old ones left. But I feel for N1, N2 level that is still alright. So do scout ard and make comparison, I know there is Agape, Cherie Heart, Gloryland which you can take a peep first. :celebrate:

luvmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

finally a reply!

Postby confused_jo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:56 am

luvmum wrote:Me sharing....

When I was doing my childcare scouting, Seedlings Patch was one of the consideration. Spoken to the teacher (quite ok) and looking at the environment (messy I feel, cramped), I did not sign my child up at that time though I like their reading corners. Even playground is indoor which makes it more congested. :evil:

I enrol my child to Children's campus at Cashew Height. U will see a difference and the course fee is $850 for full day care. At that time, the school was newly opened so teacher quality was good. Centre mgr is professional and helpful. Overall childcaring, curriculum and teaching are rated as good. But since end of last yr, can see the standard of the teacher dropped when the old ones left. But I feel for N1, N2 level that is still alright. So do scout ard and make comparison, I know there is Agape, Cherie Heart, Gloryland which you can take a peep first. :celebrate:

dearest luvmum

Thank you for replying and sharing your view.

I have the same sentiment as you for the centre which I have just visited; cramped, messy, noisy, untidy... so shall drop of this option.

Shall keep on our seacrh till we can find one that we Love! :love: :love:

Cheers Jo

confused_jo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby luvmum » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:00 am

Hi Jo,

No prob...if u set aside 800 tat kind of budget for a fullday care, can consider Children's Campus. My exp there has been good though I've withdrawn my girl and placed her on kindy now. I scouted for almost all the center at BP tat time except Agape and Cherie which are pretty new. Otherwise can cast your net wider to include CCK, Bt Batok though.

Hearsay is what you can gather. Nothing beats a visit to the center and have a 'feel' urself. Sometimes it's about the 'unknown chemistry' you just have with the centre, principal and teachers.

Happy searching... :ugogirl:

luvmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Seedling Learning Hub

Postby jessstar » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:36 pm

Hi all
I am very new here.
I will like to know if anyone know about Seedling Learning Hub in Bukit Panjang.

It is an enrichment school rather than a childcare. Like to enrol my son (3yr) to this center.

Anyone can share some tips.

Thanks amillion :?:

jessstar
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools