Cambridge Childcare Centres

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Cambridge Childcare Centres

Postby Tracey » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:06 am

Dear parents,

I would like to invite you all and your little ones to our open house on 1 Nov, Saturday, 9am to 2pm. Cambridge @ Admiral Hill is the brand new center under the Cambridge umbrella (www.cambridgecdc.com)

Cambridge's cirriculum is based on a Project Based Ecological Model which emphasis on child initiated learning. We are located on the hilltop and surrounded with facilities such as tennis courts, swimming pools, fruits farm, pony farm, driving range, fish and prawn farm, etc.

Venue: 345, Old Nelson Road, Admiral Country Club, Singapore 758692

For enquiries, you many want to call us at 67554647/83330049 or email us at admiralhill@cambridgecdc.com

Hope to see you there.

Regards,
Tracey

Tracey
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Open house for new childcare center in Sembawang on 1 No

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:07 am

Tracey wrote:...Cambridge's cirriculum is based on a Project Based Ecological Model which emphasis on child initiated learning. We are located on the hilltop and surrounded with facilities such as tennis courts, swimming pools, fruits farm, pony farm, driving range, fish and prawn farm, etc. ...

Hi Tracey, thanks for your alert. With all those facilities, Cambridge @ Admiral Hill sounds more like a resort than a child care centre :). As you know, we are all kiasu parents who also want value for money. Can you share with us the more, umm, academic programmes that your preschool offer?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby evelynseet » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:02 pm

I quite interested to go and take a look. I think my kids will love the place if it really so interesting.
In fact, I am intending to enrol my two kids to a "Good" childcare centre next year.
Tracey, you seems very farmilar with the childcare centre. Are you one of the teachers there? Or you have kids in that childcare centre?

evelynseet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

The curriculum

Postby Tracey » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:54 pm

Hi Kiasu chef,

Sorry for the late reply. I was very held up by the open house.

Founded in 1993, Cambridge Child Development Centre has firmly established itself as the leader in providing quality child care programmes in Asia and other parts of the world, with more than 30 centres worldwide. The centres provide state of the art child care and early learning programmes for children from 2 months to 6 years of age

Through its proprietary curriculum known as the Project Based Ecological Model (PBEM), Cambridge Child Development Centres aims to produce:
1. Children with inquiring minds

2. Children who are motivated to learn

3. Children who want to and know how to find answers for themselves

Our curriculum includes:

English, Mandarin, Maths, Science, Music and Movement, Swimming, Arts and Craft, Whole Arts programme, Fun cookery, gym, etc.

Interested parents can email to us at admiralhill@cambridgecdc.com or call us at 67554647/83330049

Thanks,
Tracey

Tracey
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Cambridge CDC @ Tanglin

Postby XK » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi

Would like to form a circle of frens of mummies who have their little loves ones at Cambridge @ Tanglin.

I have a gal who is 3 this yr. I will be registering her for N2 next yr at Cambridge Tanglin soon. :)

XK
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby XK » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:29 pm

Jus to add.. i am still considering between Cambridge and Kinderland.. :)
So welcome any mummies with kids at Kinderland Pandan Valley too.
It will great if we can share tips together when our kids are in the centre.

XK
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

cambridge childcare

Postby lynn roger » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:52 am

Hi,
What makes you decide that Cambrdge is the right school for your child?
I visited them and was rudely met by one of the teachers there. Perhaps I was just unlucky that day. So, I went to another school not too far away from them. It's Odyssey preschool along Alexandra Road.
I was glad I went there because their facilities were great and the teachers were very friendly too. I asked for a trial and was immediately allowed. Can tell that they are always ready and do not need to "prepare" to "impress" visitors. My wife went there 2 days later and too was very impressed with their "always-ready" staff. Every teacher she met was available and approachable to exchange a smile and a few words. The children there were also great with strangers.
We have decided to enrol our child there and will be starting next week.
You should go take a look there before you make your payment at Cambridge.

lynn roger
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby XK » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:59 am

Hi Lynn Roger

It is really unfortunate to hear of your unhappiness at Cambridge@Tanglin. I am planning to visit the school within these 2 weeks. Thanks for your sharing. I am glad that you found a school that you like! I have Oydessey and many of its positive comments. Hope your kid will have an enjoyable and enriching learning environment! :)

XK
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby XK » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:02 am

Hi Insider,

I am quite concern of a school's curriculum when come to choosing a kindergarten school. Hopefully, it has an innovative and creative environment and teaching methodolgy. Kids nowadays get bored easily and with their short attention span, it is really difficult to grab their attention if you are not creative in teaching.

I hope the school will be able to prepare my girl well and competitively for P1. Frankly, I really hope that i m not being too kiasu. But on the other hand, i am concern of her learning pace. I told and remind myself that I must let my girl have a fun and enriching learning environment. Only when she enjoys learning, she will learn more
and like learning in the long run.

Do you think Kinderland has a competitive and up to date curriculum in this aspect?

XK
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Cambridge Childcare Center vs Catholic Kindergartern

Postby SNOWPET » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:27 pm

Anyone can share their experiences with Cambridge Childcare Center or Catholic Kindergarten ??

In dilemma which to send my 31mths girls to.....

Also is enrichment class necessary for those who attend Kindergarten??

Appreciated.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

SNOWPET
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools