Ykidz Montessori

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Ykidz Montessori

Postby faithgurl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 pm

Hi,

Anybody has sent their kids to Ykidz Montessori at Toa Payoh? Can share yr views? Thks!

faithgurl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby dasoriusnia » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:48 pm

my girl is studying there. so far she is happy there and have picked up a few songs....

dasoriusnia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby faithgurl » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:32 pm

dasoriusnia wrote:my girl is studying there. so far she is happy there and have picked up a few songs....

Hi,

Thanks for yr comments. Can u briefly describe what are the curriculum like & do they include any play approach in their program? Will there be any organisation of field trips or excursions? Kindly advise. Thanks!

faithgurl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby dasoriusnia » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:54 pm

i can't really comment much cos she's been there for 2 months only.... so far no excursion...

what you mean by play approach?

dasoriusnia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby faithgurl » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:22 pm

dasoriusnia wrote:i can't really comment much cos she's been there for 2 months only.... so far no excursion...

what you mean by play approach?

Oic..is there any play element in the program? Or purely worksheets?

Are the teachers and principal good?

faithgurl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby dasoriusnia » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:34 pm

i only accompanied my girl for the 1st day and these are what I observed.

they start their day playing with some montessori based toys, then they will have story telling session. After which, they go for lessons (everyday there will be different subject), then it will be snack time. Followed by lessons again, singing...

I do see my girl bring back worksheets and crafts work they do in school. My girl is only 2+ so I guess not too much of lessons....

Overall, am quite please with the school. Principle / teacher are also helpful and friendly whenever I call up the school.

dasoriusnia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby faithgurl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:18 pm

dasoriusnia wrote:i only accompanied my girl for the 1st day and these are what I observed.

they start their day playing with some montessori based toys, then they will have story telling session. After which, they go for lessons (everyday there will be different subject), then it will be snack time. Followed by lessons again, singing...

I do see my girl bring back worksheets and crafts work they do in school. My girl is only 2+ so I guess not too much of lessons....

Overall, am quite please with the school. Principle / teacher are also helpful and friendly whenever I call up the school.

Hi,

Thanks for yr comments. Appreciate if u could update if there's anything to add in the future. Thanks ya!

faithgurl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby faithgurl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:18 pm

dasoriusnia wrote:i only accompanied my girl for the 1st day and these are what I observed.

Hi,

Thanks for yr comments. Appreciate if u could update if there's anything to add in the future. Thanks ya!

faithgurl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby pandarous » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:43 pm

During my visit to this centre for a trial session, I find the place quite nice and the staff are very helpful.

My only concern is they do not have their own toilet and are using the building toilet shared by the public.

pandarous
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby greenbean2011 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:16 pm

pls read my detailed comments on Ykidz montessori here:-
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... &start=180
greenbean2011
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools