Yuquan Preschool

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Yuquan Preschool

Postby chiclil » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:56 pm

Thinking of doing a change from Cherie Hearts to Yuquan which is nearer to my workplace.

I am totally buy in by the Chinese curriculum but a bit unsure about English and Maths in the centre.

So wondering if I should do the swop. Appreciate any feedback from anyone .

chiclil
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Yuquan Preschool

Postby titank » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi All,

Anyone had send thier kid to Yuquan Preschool? Care to share?

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Yuquan Preschool (Middle Road)

Postby titank » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi All, :D

Anyone send thier kid to Yuquan Preschool? Can share how is their English, Maths & Science standard level? Heard the kids would be learning the following chinese enruichment programmes in the childcare centre

经典诵读课程 (弟子规 / 三字经 / 百家姓)
成语识字Cool》快速识字课程
中华字经》快速识字课程
小博士成语识字课程

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Yuquan Preschool

Postby i3mum » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:40 am

Hi titank,

I m keen to know as well. Anyone send their kids there? for Chinese enrichment?

http://www.yuquan.com.sg/courses.php

titank wrote:Hi All,

Anyone had send thier kid to Yuquan Preschool? Care to share?

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Dee » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:11 pm

Hi,
I'm keen to know any feedbacks on YuQuan preschool as well, if they have equal emphasis on English and Chinese, and if the cirriculum is good. Yu Quan gives the impression that they are good at Chinese enrichment classses, not so sure about their preschool though. Hope to hear feedbacks. cheers! :D

Dee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby hquek » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:20 pm

My fren sent her younger kids to yq middle road childcare. She has an older one who attended only montessori type childcare. She is very pleased with the school cos her 2 kids' chinese improved by leaps and bounds - I don't hear that their english standard was impacted. Even the younger son (figure about 4 y/o) is able to spout chinese idioms. In comparison, her oldest has problems with chinese language (now in primary school).

Her only gripe is that it's a bit difficult to drop kids off at the middle road branch.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby pecalis » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:35 pm

My eldest went to the 1000 characters module 1, when she was 5. I didn't find it helpful at all since she was made to memorize phrases of 4 characters without understanding the meaning. Many of the words are beyond me and hubby too! We stopped after module 1.

Just sharing our experience :)

pecalis
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:58 pm

pecalis wrote:My eldest went to the 1000 characters module 1, when she was 5. I didn't find it helpful at all since she was made to memorize phrases of 4 characters without understanding the meaning. Many of the words are beyond me and hubby too! We stopped after module 1.

Just sharing our experience :)

The idea is for them to remember the sounds. And they will also recognize the characters, even though they may not understand their meaning. The understanding comes later in their lives as and when they encounter the idioms, at which time they only need to know how to apply the idioms, since they already know how to read them. It is also a great way to train the kids to speak proper Chinese.

My daughter has been at Yuquan for a year. She is able to recognize well over a couple of hundred characters. Of course, she also goes for Berries, and her preschool practices Chinese-speaking only days on Tuesdays and Thursdays. All in all, even though she still does not initiate conversations in Chinese, she can understand and speak Chinese very well.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ZacK » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:17 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
My daughter has been at Yuquan for a year. She is able to recognize well over a couple of hundred characters. Of course, she also goes for Berries, and her preschool practices Chinese-speaking only days on Tuesdays and Thursdays. All in all, even though she still does not initiate conversations in Chinese, she can understand and speak Chinese very well.

Shd I be worried now? DS1 cannot speak a proper sentence in mandarin and due for P1 next month... I tried asking him to tell me some phrases in mandarin and he could probably manage 2-3 phrases like 谢谢, 早安, 你好... That's abt all :oops:
Last edited by ZacK on Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby outsider » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:37 am

Hi Chief,
I rem your child was attending school house by the bay... you made a switch ?

outsider
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools