Childfirst Preschool

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Childfirst Preschool

Postby Fuzz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:19 pm

Hi does anyone have any feedback on Childfirst? It's very new, I think they just opened this January. They are a local company but started a few centres in China and just opened their first one here.

My brother was telling me about it and showed me some brochures that were dropped at his house.

The programme looks quite good. Strong bilingual curriculum, modern with IT facilities, and what I like is their hands on activities. Apparently the kids can even plant vegetables in the garden. Sounds good but I don't know if it's just good marketing!

I intend to visit the centre but would prefer to get some feedback from other parents. Always a bit apprehensive about new things that are not really tried and tested!

Fuzz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Fuzz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:20 pm

Forgot to mention, it's located at Mountbatten.

Fuzz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby junemum72 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:35 am

Fuzz wrote:Forgot to mention, it's located at Mountbatten.

I went there for a see look session and am impressed with their speech and drama room. If you are keen, you should drop by and have a look yourself.

I really love to send my gal there but I cant afford $1k (aft govt sub) school fee... :(

junemum72
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Fuzz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:22 pm

$1k is after subsidy right? That's quite ex. If the price before subsidy is $1k and we pay $700 with subsidy, that's reasonable. Sigh, have to think carefully about this. But their programme sounds interesting. I'll prob make an appointment to see the place soon. Been too busy at work!

Nowadays it's so common to find centres charging super high fees. Some of them have big ads and open so many branches. I don't want to be paying for all their marketing and branding campaigns!

To me, the brand name is not important. What's most important is the centre itself, if it has a nice clean environment, good teachers, whether it's well run, and if the kids seem happy there.

Fuzz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Fuzz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:22 pm

$1k is after subsidy right? That's quite ex. If the price before subsidy is $1k and we pay $700 with subsidy, that's reasonable. Sigh, have to think carefully about this. But their programme sounds interesting. I'll prob make an appointment to see the place soon. Been too busy at work!

Nowadays it's so common to find centres charging super high fees. Some of them have big ads and open so many branches. I don't want to be paying for all their marketing and branding campaigns!

To me, the brand name is not important. What's most important is the centre itself, if it has a nice clean environment, good teachers, whether it's well run, and if the kids seem happy there.

Fuzz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby junemum72 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Fuzz wrote:$1k is after subsidy right? That's quite ex. If the price before subsidy is $1k and we pay $700 with subsidy, that's reasonable. Sigh, have to think carefully about this. But their programme sounds interesting. I'll prob make an appointment to see the place soon. Been too busy at work!

No la..1k after govt sub. It is abt 1.3k before sub.

Ya i was telling the admin mgr there that its not cheap and she agreed with me !!

I also agree with you these days the newly setup ones are super ex. And they tend to introduce extra enrichment classes, so it means you will need to pay more...

junemum72
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Shoe » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:37 pm

You get what you pay for though... My dd was in a basic kindy. She came back with limited learning experiences

Shoe
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Fuzz » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Shoe wrote:You get what you pay for though... My dd was in a basic kindy. She came back with limited learning experiences

Hi Shoe, agree with you to some extent. There are some centres that charge v cheap prices and you can tell why just from looking at the place, programme and teachers!

But I've also heard v good things about some kindys/childcare centres that charge reasonable fees. To me, I'm willing to pay more for a good centre with good teachers, a good programme and a nice environment. But not if the high fees are because of a big brand name and aggressive advertising.

My boy is currently attending childcare which costs abt $900 before subsidy. To me, that's a fair amount. If the fees are slightly more, that's ok too, but it must be justified by the teachers, programme and environment.

I'm considering other options that are nearer my home instead, as I may switch to part time work later this year. So I've been actively checking up on childcare and kindy options.

Fuzz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Childfirst Preschool

Postby breadfish » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi

Does anyone has any kids in Childfirst Preschool? Any feedback?

They are opening up a branch in Dunearn in 2012.

Website's facilities look very interesting.

breadfish
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Childfirst Preschool

Postby kylene » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:39 pm

Hi,
I'm also looking for some feedback regarding the school. I live in the west and is considering the new Dunearn road branch, but it only starts in 2012 so I'll probably take a look at the Mountbatten premise first. Would like some comments from parents with kids in the Mountbatten branch please.

thanks!

kylene
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools