Presbyterian Community Services (PCS) Childcare Centre

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Presbyterian Community Services (PCS) Childcare Centre

Postby Chiew » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

Would like to know whether anyone has any comments / send your kids to Presbyterian Community Services (PCS) Childcare Centre located at Hougang :?

I am thinking of enrolling my 18mths dd there.

Kindly advise :oops:

Chiew
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby luvmum » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:40 am

Hi Chiew,

have u spoken to the principal or visit the center before? I'm keen to enrol my child for their Marsiling branch though. :love:

I've not gone down or enquire further as thinking of June when my child is 30 months, so tot of going much later.

luvmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Chiew » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:57 am

Hi luvmum,

Not yet, i would like to get feedbacks from mummies who have sent their kids there before visiting :lol:

Chiew
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby astroboy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:38 pm

My 22 mths gal will be going mid-March to the PCS@Holland Village. Have seen the centre. It is a new centre and will start operating on 2 March 09. Fee is very competitive cos centre is non air con. Will feedback later.

astroboy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sunsweet » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi I have

2 set of uniform (Gals) (Size: M)
2 sets of Brand new Tees and Shorts (size: M)

For sale.

Decide to withdraw my gal from class as she cannot adapt to school life.
Intend to let her join school/ CC later.

Drop me a mail for fast response elszie@gmail.com

sunsweet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby luvmum » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:36 pm

sunsweet wrote:Hi I have

2 set of uniform (Gals) (Size: M)
2 sets of Brand new Tees and Shorts (size: M)

For sale.

Decide to withdraw my gal from class as she cannot adapt to school life.
Intend to let her join school/ CC later.

Drop me a mail for fast response elszie@gmail.com

Hi Sunsweet,

Care to share abt the school with us as some of us have intention of placing our child in. Which branch is your girl attending currently? Tks! :love:

luvmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MLR » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:19 pm

Hiya

My boy was in their infant centre @ Ghim Moh from Jan 07 to Jun 08.
We are very comfortable with the caregivers there, very caring and loving. Throughout the period, our boy enjoyed himself very much. So much so that in the later stage he would be upset whenever we went pick him up.

They are very pro parents interacting/networking with each other. The centre have a big enough area for parents to stay and chat while baby is sleeping/changing/feeding. We are also welcome to go into the play area to play with our child or other children. We were always asked to stay and chat with the staff when we went to pick up our boy. They treat us more like friends rather than just parents leaving our kids there. It was really great that they truely share your joy of each milestone of your child's path. 1st tooth, 1st word, 1st crawl, 1st step, 1st time they call mama/papa/dada.....

We are very sad to leave them. If not for a fact that we moved west and its out of the way to send him there, we would continue with their childcare service.

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jeek100 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:28 am

HI

i am new here , just want to check whther anybody send their kid to this centre Presbyterian Community Services (PCS) Childcare Centre located at jurong west st 42?

jeek100
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PCS JW

Postby toppo » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:20 pm

I'm staying near that centre & often than not, I would see some kids left standing outside, keeping very quiet, with the gate closed.

At some point of time, I almost approach the centre to ask what's is the excuse.

jeek100 wrote:HI

i am new here , just want to check whther anybody send their kid to this centre Presbyterian Community Services (PCS) Childcare Centre located at jurong west st 42?

toppo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mrswongtuition » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:04 pm

My son's at the Hougang Branch and he has been there since he turned 18mths. He's 2.5yo now.

I'm happy with the activities & communication so far with the teachers & P.

Be prepared that they have OUTDOOR activities daily if weather permits (I know of parents who withdrew their kids when they realised that there is outdoor activities). I love the outdoor activities as they go to the nearby park (no need to cross any roads) for walks, and my son learnt alot from these walks.

They helped to toilet train my boy also & he enjoys school alot. He was so upset this morning when I told him I was sick and not able to send him to school. He was already in his uniform when I woke up!

Before the H1N1 flu, they were very active in planning excursions. My son went on a few of them and really enjoyed the trips.

My son was not used to their menu (which I personally think is quite good due to large variety) because I controlled his diet very strictly (no salt/sugar/seasoning/processed food), so he had a hard time adjusting to the food mainly because my maid always cut his noodles until they are like rice, so there is no need to really chew. The school allowed us to bring his food in Thermo flask & they'll feed him what we bring. & they know his food preferences & will try to accomodate. They also know that I do not allow certain foods & they'll offer something else to him instead.

But I'm thinking LONG TERM & the down-side I noticed is that they do not emphasis or push on academics. I've spoken to the P & they are reviewing their curriculum to make it more rigourous to prepare the kids for Pri Sch (exposure to reading & writing earlier, more challenging contents).

Another thing you will like is that they do NOT ask you to PAY & PAY like other private kindies/CC. Other than the fees, everything else is optional and they do not 'force' you to pay. Of cos extra excursions are payable but the fees have been affordable & if you do not want to join in, they won't keep asking or show you black face :)

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools