Globalkids

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Globalkids

Postby Carolina » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Original Title: Global Kids @ Mountbatten/Crescent Rd

Hi,

I'm very keen to send my son to this childcare. Anyone here send your kids to them? Can I have some feedback on how you find the childcare, please?

Thanks so much. :)

Carolina
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Globalkids

Postby junemom » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi Carolina,
Did you send your child to Globalkids in the end?
What's your review?

junemom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Carolina » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:42 pm

Yes, I started my boy in July 2011. So far am still quite happy with them overall. My boy enjoys his time in school, lots of craft work, drawing, singing, dancing, 2 times outdoor play everyday... Lots of reading (the school has no TV), air-con is only used during hot days, certified healthy eating, makes sure the kids drink lots of water everyday (they have allocated water drinking sessions with minimum quota that every kid much achieve everyday), etc...

If you want to know more details, just go visit them lor. :)

Carolina
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby djokoa » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:18 am

hi mommies,
Are you both still at Globalkids?
Any comments? Thanks

djokoa
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Carolina » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi djokoa,

Yes, my son is finishing N1 this year and moving to N2 next year, while my girl will be going straight into N1 in January.

Overall, I'm still pretty happy with them. Occasionally may find some things that I think can improve on and will give feedback. They take the feedbacks seriously and will try to improve. My son is doing very well there as well, so no complaints overall.

However, there is sort of a change of management, so the Mountbatten & Crescent branches are going to be renamed Apricot Academy & the curriculum is going to change slightly. Only the Serangoon branch will stay under Karen's management and stay as Global Kids.

This is an announcement made only just yesterday to parents currently with children there. Personally I think the changes are good, basically addressing quite some of the feedback given by parents during their recent survey.

So I'm going to keep my kids there still...

djokoa wrote:hi mommies,
Are you both still at Globalkids?
Any comments? Thanks

Carolina
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby davidwatson1 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:12 pm

I have heard they are very caring about the kids.

davidwatson1
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Carolina » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:31 pm

Hi David,

Yes they are. They are very patient with the kids.

I'm sure, like many parents, you would hear stories of how some childcare teachers will leave the crying kids to a corner to cry themselves out during their 1st days.

This does not happen at Global Kids. The teachers will take as long as necessary to soothe & calm & distract the frightened kids during the scary 1st days of school & give them lots of praises & encouragements when they stop crying while walking into school. So, you can imagine that the teachers are almost always run off their feet at the start of the school year. New kids who seem inclined towards a particular teacher are also allowed to follow their preferred teacher during the 1st days of adjustments whether or not that teacher is assigned to the child's particular class and are slowly adjusted back to their class as they become more comfortable & confident.

Even my boy, who was moved from Mountbatten Road branch to Crescent Road branch for N2 this year, was not ridiculed or anything for being scared due to new teachers & new environment. He was simply being handled with love & care & distractions, with much patience to wait for him to get used to everything.

His new teacher even called me on a weekend to try to better understand his character to ensure that his behaviour is not out of his usual norm (i.e. there is no specific issues that they need to be concern about) and know better how to manage him.

Basically, the kids are being treated with much love, care & respect, which the kids will learn from too. It's not uncommon to see seasoned kids hugging & comforting new crying kids along with the teachers too. =)

davidwatson1 wrote:I have heard they are very caring about the kids.

Carolina
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby custardberry » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:08 pm

Any reviews on the serangoon branch??????

custardberry
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tarekum » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:06 pm

I had a very bad experience with Globalkids cresent. Not so much with the teachers, but with the principal theresa.

My child was with the Mounbatten branch for 6 months, before he was transferred to the cresent branch for N2 onwards. I received a call from Theresa to go to the school for a chit chat about my child on the 2nd day of school.

During the meeting she mentioned that her school is a place for normal children, hinting heavily that my child is not normal. She also said that my child's active nature is causing a lot of stress to her teachers. Eventually she articulated that she would like to expel my child from the school.

This incident made me very worried about singapore's pre school education system. I no longer know what education is about when a principal wants to expel a 3 year 4 months old child. Theresa can tout herself as having 25 years of experience in pre school education. She should be ashamed of herself. I even called MCYS to enquire about this and MCYS says that the school has their right to accept the type of students whom they want.

There is one that the school organized an outing to their branch at laguna park and the charge for that is $22. When I asked for the breakdown of cost, the amount is supposed to cover pasta, some buns and transport.

I will leave you to decide if global kids cresent (now apricot academy) is worth sending your child to.

tarekum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Searchingyou » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:26 am

Any review for infant care for Globalkids at Serangoon branch?

Searchingyou
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools