Discovery Garden Childcare

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Discovery Garden Childcare

Postby J T » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:57 am

Hi,
I am new to this forum.
Has anyone heard of the Discovery Garden?
As I am considering of putting my girl there.
Any ideas if it is good?

J T
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Discovery Garden Childcare

Postby Alicia611 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:41 am

Hi,

Any mummies enrol your kid in this childcare?

Can feedback please? thanks

Alicia611
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jloh11 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:25 am

I just went to the sch to view on tues...i quite like the env...teachers are oso quite friendly...prob will enrol my son tis week...mine will be in playgroup....wat about urs?

jloh11
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Alicia611 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:53 am

jloh11 wrote:I just went to the sch to view on tues...i quite like the env...teachers are oso quite friendly...prob will enrol my son tis week...mine will be in playgroup....wat about urs?

Hi jloh11,

I went to view it yesterday and i really like the environment. All the teachers are very young and friendly too. But worries young teacher tends to be impatient. Did u go for their trial class? I will be enrolling for pg too. hope to have more feed back on this cc.

Alicia611
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jloh11 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:21 pm

i tink they are quite ok thou...pretty patient....but we will never know...when you joinin the trial class?? lets do it together...hahahhaa...at least we wont be bored...yr kid boy or ger??...i pm u...

jloh11
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Figaro » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:19 am

Hi both:

My 2 girls just started at the school this week. I like the school environment as it is big and yet single storey with lots of outdoor space. The school uses aircon only when the kids are napping and actively encourages outdoor play.

I've known Sophie the owner for a few years as my older boy was in her previous childcare in Hougang. She is a good manager and is very well-respected by the teachers, and runs her childcare well. She also values communication with parents. In the previous childcare, they prepared the kids very well for P1, which I think is important.

So it's quite a no-brainer for me to switch my girls there now that Sophie has finally opened her dream school.... Hope to see you around!

Figaro
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jloh11 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:31 am

i will be starting on 15th aug...hope tat everyting goes well....for i knw my son will definetly cry!!!... :xedfingers: :xedfingers: :xedfingers: ....

jloh11
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Figaro » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:19 pm

Which class?

I still see a few crying kids over the past 2 days amongst the younger age groups. I'm sure it'll improve soon. Being a brand new childcare, the school has many children that are entering a childcare for the rest first time. It may take several weeks...

Figaro
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jloh11 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:09 pm

he will be in PG 2...

jloh11
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby J T » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:02 pm

Hi,
ya, I had already put my girl there since July. She is ok so far, and she likes to go there.
She is in playground too.
I didn't went for the trial, I just went there 2~3 times to enquiry, then decided to enrol her there. As I prefer non-aircon and like the open space.
So far the teachers are ok, and active hand-on with the kids.

J T
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools