Caterpillar's Cove

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Caterpillar Cove CC

Postby ivon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:21 am

Hi, is there anyone who is able to comment on the caterpillar cove child care centre at Ngee Ann Poly? I went for a visit there and was really impressed by one of the teachers I talked to and the environment. The fees are rather expensive. It's apparently under the umbrella of NTUC Childcare.

ivon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Caterpillar Cove CC

Postby panicmum » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:24 pm

hi, i checked out the web site today, was really quite impressed with it. only thing is it is really costly. i plan to visit the place by this week, if they allow. then maybe can share with you on my findings. am also looking for a reliable child care that can prepare my son for his p1. now in nursery 2.

panicmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re : Caterpillar Cove

Postby ivon » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:57 pm

Hi Panicmum

If you want to see the teachers in action and lessons in progress, you need to visit them on weekdays. I went there on Sat (think the staff prefer Sat so that we can get to talk to the teachers) and there was only 1 child there so could not see lessons in progress. Do let me know what you think of the cc. I understand that ngee ann poly staff get lower rates but not sure how much lower though.

ivon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

caterpillar cove

Postby panicmum » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:40 pm

visited the place, was impressed with the teacher. overall, good impression of the whole set up. clean and the kids seems happy. two issues i have of them: one - no transport, hence, need to find a way to send the kiddo there yourself. two- not sure if the 40% structured and 60% thematic approach prepares a child well for p1. would be good if there are parents who have sent their children there and have good feedback. also went to see Creative O, place is much bigger, but not as tidy and clean as caterpillar cove, but defintely cheaper. overall, feel is acceptable. relatively impresed with the presentation. only problem is they don't emphasise on worksheet, teaches using thematic approach and have no desingated time for the different subjects. teachers have a very flexible approach to teaching. my only concern is whether these methods can prepare the kiddos for their challenges in P1 like spelling (both english and chinese). Again would be good to hear feedback from mums.

panicmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Caterpilla's Cove

Postby cookiecreature » Fri May 08, 2009 9:29 am

Hi anyone can comment on Caterpilla's Cove. I am considering to place my two kids there for full child care. I fully u/stand their school fee and there is no transport provided. Wud appreciate if anyone can provide me 'thread' or link to any discussion earlier on this CC.
Tks,

cookiecreature
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby dalki » Fri May 15, 2009 10:26 am

Yeah i went there for a look. Very good environment and most of the kids' parent are lecturers of Ngee Ann Poly.

But the fees are really high so i decided to give a skip. My friend transfered her kids there but after awhile she put them back to the original childcare.

Reason: The kids there are really bright and they can speak mandarin very well as there are story telling in mandarin. Her older son were motivated to learn mandarin because he was impressed how well other kids are. Then after a while her older boy started crying and go into "depression". Principle called her up and told her that he felt demoralised because other kids are too smart. My friend felt so bad because her son told her he went to Cateroillar Cove just to please her but he prefers the original childcare because all his friends are there. My fren immediately transfer him back :)

Its just my feedback la :) Depends if your kids have ever went to other childcare. If no, then it will be an excellent environment for ur kids.
If they have been attending other childcare then consider if they can adapt new place and their feelings :)

dalki
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby princeton » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:25 am

This thread has been very quiet... but I've put my gals in caterpillar's cove and would like to comment that: It's a great school! :love:

princeton
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

caterpillar cove

Postby leo26 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:20 pm

may i check if they accept toddlers?hw much are the fees?

leo26
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tjkok » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:42 pm

Hi leo26

Caterpillar Cove accepts toddlers from 18 months onwards, fees are on the high side, around close to $1K without subsidy.

tjkok
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Caterpillar Cove at Ngee Ann Polytechnic

Postby kiasuguru » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:04 am

Hi

Any comments on the above? Heard the program was a tie-up with a university.

kiasuguru
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools