Ykidz Montessori at Sin Ming

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Ykidz Montessori at Sin Ming

Postby Akajan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:34 am

I'm cOnsidering sending my two yr old there for play group in 2012.

Anyone has comments on the school, teachers or play group structure?

Akajan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Ykidz Montessori at Sin Ming

Postby emmanuel » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:02 am

Hi Kiasu Newbie!

Same here! My girl is born in 2009. Same as yours? :) have you gone down to check it out before?

Hope someone can give some feedback.

Thanks!

emmanuel
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby iLoveChubby » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi!
I was looking for montessori phonics for my DS and chanced upon Ykidz Montessori... I searched the website and this "Ykids Montessori" came about and they are located in Toa Payoh Lor 6. Thinking that they have moved (becos i thought they were in Sin Ming as mentioned in KSP and SMH), i went down today to view the place.

When i was at the reception, I asked the lady "Oh you guys moved from Sin Ming?".... She kinda gave me an annoyed look "No.. we hv been here for 2 yrs!..." ..

Silly me, that was a different centre! But the name is "Ykids Montessori (@ Toa Payoh)" ... i mean why would some school want to be named the same as e other? (sorry, i dont know who was "first".. :evil: )

Anyway I am still keen in Y'Kidz becos q near my pl... wil prob drop by to view e pl soon, will update if i do! :wink:

iLoveChubby
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Akajan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:22 am

Hi

These are two different schools.

I was going to sign up at the sin Ming one after speaking to the principal about my boy who is possibly autistic. After telling me that they can accept him, she proceeded to ignore my calls and smses. Totally disgusted with them.

My boy has since gone for a trial at ykidz Toa payoh successfully. He will start there next year.

Btw ykidz at TPY has very good reviews online. I wasn't at the trial but my husband says that the principal and teachers are very nice and seem to genuinely care for the kids.

Akajan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby emmanuel » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:27 am

Hi Akajan

Oh didnt know there is another similar one at tpy too. I would have asked the same question. :/

Anyway I haven't been here to check (sin Ming). I stay near there. Would prefer that area. But thanks for your sharing! Maybe I should check out both.

Can share how did the trial go? And did you send up eventually?

Thanks!

emmanuel
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Akajan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:07 am

Hi Emmanuel

The trial went well according to my husband and the principal as I wasn't there. We signed up already. He got the last vacancy and will start in January. The max class size is 12 kids and they have two teachers and one helper for the class, which is a very good ratio.

The ratio for the sin Ming one is 1 teacher to 5 students. Not sure if there's a helper too. You can go take a look. Maybe they're just biased against special needs... Which may not affect your kid :)

Akajan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby hot chocolate » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Hi Akajan

Is ur kid still in ykidz TP? heard that there is a high teacher turnover. does it affect your kids?

hot chocolate
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby dacylet » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:54 pm

Hello,

anyone still sending your kid to Ykidz Montessori @ TPY? so far, the reviews seemed good in 2011, I wonder if the standards still hold. :D
I'm considering that place for my kid since it is very near my house.

TIA!

dacylet
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby hot chocolate » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:25 pm

std has dropped due to high turnover rate...am looking ard for alternative to pull my gal out...

hot chocolate
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tiredmummy1972 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:04 am

any recent reviews on this branch? I called up and wanted to find out more info and was quite amazed by the principal ( or admin). she seems v secretive not willing to reveal much about the programme. and there is no website to check out their programme. Appreciate any info. thanks in advance!

tiredmummy1972
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools