Kinderland YCK or Discovery Garden?

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Kinderland YCK or Discovery Garden?

Postby Ah_Ching » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi,
I am new to this forum and really would love to hear some feedback from parents who have kids attending Kinderland Childcare in YCK.

Am intending to sign up my boy but also in 2 minds becos of the fee increment.

Am wondering how is the school curriculum and environment in the childcare centre?
Will it be worthwhile to pay $1k (after subsidies for FTWM) for the childcare? - (that's what I am expecting the new fee to be)

Am also considering Discovery garden nearby.. wonder which would be better...?

Ah_Ching
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Kinderland YCK or Discovery Garden?

Postby enenma » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi

I've went to both centre.

For Kinderland YCK, classrooms are with aircon (something I dun like as kids can get sick easily as it's enclosed area). They have a very big outdoor play area with nice play house and slide etc but when i asked how often they clean it, the answer is 'NO' as when it rains, all dirt will be washed away!

For Discovery Garden, They have two outlets. I would prefer the single storey one (can't remember what's the road name) and not the one at cactus drive (it's marble flooring so I feel that it's not that safe for small children). The single storey one has a big grass area that the kids can roam about safely. The 'ang mohs' like this type of environment so you can see a lot of 'ang mohs' kids there. In a way, your child will get lesser chance to learn singlish too!

Both centre cost around 1k before subsidy but I understand for Discovery Garden, the fee is inclusive of enrichment classes like gym and music lesson (they actually engage professional to conduct the lesson).

I think Discovery Garden do provide half day free trial lesson that you may want to try. The director and principal at Discovery Garden are very friendly and helpful. They will be most willing to answer your enquiries.

I would suggest that you visit both centre, talk to their person in charge and remember to bring your child along too.

enenma
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Watch » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:51 pm

Discovery Garden set up a year ago and now fees increase by 20%. this is ridiculous!! Mcys pls take action, esp for newly set up child care center

Watch
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby AdelynC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:48 pm

Can consider Licdo SchoolHouse. They had been around for sometime. Landed and with their own playground which is clean every morning. Lessons are conducted in non air-con classroom most of the time. Small and cosy. The teacher child ratio is way below MCYS requirement so each child gets more attention from teacher. I thought that's better for young children.

AdelynC
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby AdelynC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:49 pm

Can consider Licdo SchoolHouse. They had been around for sometime. Landed and with their own playground which is clean every morning. Lessons are conducted in non air-con classroom most of the time. Small and cosy. The teacher child ratio is way below MCYS requirement so each child gets more attention from teacher. I thought that's better for young children.

AdelynC
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools