Chiltern House

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Chiltern House

Postby babyz4 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:45 pm

Hi, can any kind mummies/daddies who has children that has or are attending Chiltern House please share your experiences with me? Is it true that children are generally more confident and outspoken due to the training at the school? Does the school curriculum prepare the children well for primary school? Is it adequate or we need to add additonal enrichment classes for them? Thank you for your time and attention.

babyz4
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby KSMUM » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:09 pm

Hi,

My 2 kids graduated from Chiltern house. The teachers has done a very good job especially in building up children confidents as well as their lanuages. :lol:

KSMUM
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Mystical force » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:56 pm

how much is the fee?

Mystical force
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Mystical force » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:56 pm

KS MUM you go to which branch?

Mystical force
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby KSMUM » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:17 pm

hi..

My Kids attended Chiltern House @ Halifax Road. I think it was around $980 for 1/2 day.

You might want to give them a call.. this is their website : http://www.chilternhouse.com.sg/

KSMUM
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Thanks for your sharing

Postby babyz4 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:08 pm

Hi KSMum,

Thanks for your sharing on your experience with Chiltern. May I ask if you send your children to other enrichment classes to supplement Chiltern teaching? If yes, what are they? I am concern about the fees, hence if there is a need to send for further enrichment, then the school may be beyond my reach.

Are there additional fees to be paid besides the school fees? How much is it typically for a term? Once again, thanks for your sharing.

babyz4
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby lovebearsallthings » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:19 am

Heard very good comments from my colleagues who had their sisters/brothers sending their kids there. They said their nieces and nephews are very well-behaved, very knowledgeable in terms of countries and cultures around the world, love to read, very confident. I would have loved to send my child there if not for the distance :) I think there is no need for enrichment classes? It's already quite expensive (in my opinion).. haha.. :)

lovebearsallthings
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Thank you for your contribution

Postby babyz4 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:12 pm

Hi lovebearsallthings,

Thank you for your positive comments on Chiltern House. My son is offered a place at Chiltern House previously at Crescent Road but has recently moved to East Coast Park (the old Big Splash). Hearing the positive response on the school, it increases my confidence in sending him to the school. Once again, thanks.

babyz4
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby KSMUM » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:12 pm

My kids don't go for enrichment classes as I found that Chiltern House has provided a good programme. All additional enrichment is done by myself or my husband.

I personally find that exposure to nature is 1 of the ways to give the kids additional knowledge..

KSMUM
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Thanks for the advice

Postby babyz4 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:48 pm

Hi KSMum, thanks for your advice.

babyz4
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools