Withdrawal notice

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Withdrawal notice

Postby pingsped » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:37 am

We informed the childcare on 19 sep by email.

The supervisor insists that "one calendar month" has to start from 1st October, so she wants to charge full fees for October.

We're very disappointed with this childcare. One of the reasons of withdrawal is poor safety. The gates are often unlatched. Once, I entered the pantry/kitchen to get water. There was no water in the three bottles at 3pm & there was a kettle boiling on stove! The kitchen gate was unlatched as usual.

I informed supervisor the next day as she wasn't around. She just kept quiet. Other feedback is usually met with denials.

I'm paying $600+ per month but 2 interns are taking the class with no proper supervision this month. The pre-nursery kids go to toilet which is outside their classroom, on their own cos there is no assisting auntie. The staircase is just beside the toilet. It is sometimes unlatched.

I have a lot more complaints.

Who can we go to for help?

TIA

pingsped
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Withdrawal notice

Postby Imami » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:11 am

pingsped wrote:We informed the childcare on 19 sep by email.

The supervisor insists that "one calendar month" has to start from 1st October, so she wants to charge full fees for October.

We're very disappointed with this childcare. One of the reasons of withdrawal is poor safety. The gates are often unlatched. Once, I entered the pantry/kitchen to get water. There was no water in the three bottles at 3pm & there was a kettle boiling on stove! The kitchen gate was unlatched as usual.

I informed supervisor the next day as she wasn't around. She just kept quiet. Other feedback is usually met with denials.

I'm paying $600+ per month but 2 interns are taking the class with no proper supervision this month. The pre-nursery kids go to toilet which is outside their classroom, on their own cos there is no assisting auntie. The staircase is just beside the toilet. It is sometimes unlatched.

TIA

Not much can be done really, unless u want to raise this to the attention of mcys? But by the time they act on it (well, that is if they do act on it la), maybe a few months already. one month notice should be something u are made aware of when u enroll your child. Perhaps u can check the registration package to see if the notice period is mentioned as "must start from 1st of each month"?

My child's cc is like that and I have been made aware of it when I enrol my kid with them.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pingsped » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:50 am

Thks for your reply.

I spoke to someone from MCYS & she replied that's the industry norm. But she will be investigating the centre based on my complaints.

We will also reserve the right to take further legal action based on MCYS findings.

pingsped
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby verykiasumummy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:48 pm

its always like that... these centres will stick on to their "principles" and then anger us parents and we will find all these ways to make other complaints...

not saying u, i'm also like tat... =)

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Bookwrappers » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:20 pm

Hi, i think u can try to tell the person off and insist on your decision by saying their center is not safe and kids not learning. Sometimes they see ppl bully. If u dun voice out, they bully u.

Bookwrappers
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Imami » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:27 pm

pingsped wrote:We informed the childcare on 19 sep by email.

TIA

Probably of no use, but just curious - the cc emailed u on 19th. So when did u send them your notice?

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools