globalkids @ Serangoon

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

globalkids @ Serangoon

Postby Mimosa_77 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi All,

Anyone has any feedback for the above CC? Any parents already have their kid inside this center? Greatly appreciate your feedback!! :thankyou:

Mimosa_77
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: globalkids @ Serangoon

Postby Krist Kong » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:22 am

Anyone has any feedback for GLOBALKIDS@SERANGOON PTE. LTD. ? I am looking at their infant care service.Please share. thx

Krist Kong
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby pandagal07 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:33 pm

i visit the center before. look ok and clean for the place. me still waiting for their respond to register my kids for the cc.

pandagal07
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby cutiekidz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi,

I personally love this center very much. I am enrolling my son in their infant care service. Hopefully i will get what i see during the visit to their center.

cutiekidz
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tricia090909 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi, anyone has feedback regarding their play group?

tricia090909
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Donchelsabb » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:46 pm

My son joined Globalkids’ Infant Care Unit when he was 13 months in Dec 2012. Then, I was a SAHM who took a one-year sabbatical to look after my firstborn. As a first-time mother, I did intensive research by visiting several centres in my neighbourhood but was not impressed. My friend recommended that I checked out Globalkids@Serangoon which was near her place but not within walking distance of where I stayed. Thinking that I have nothing to lose, I arranged for a visit to the centre with my husband.

During the visit, I was impressed with how happy the kids were and how patient Teacher Karen was in addressing all my concerns and questions. One of my worries was regarding my son’s feeding issues. First, he doesn’t drink milk from a bottle. Second, he doesn’t take well to semi-solids. I was very positive about Teacher Karen’s sharing of her experience in dealing with her daughter with similar feeding issues and her assurance that my son will not be go hungry; if he doesn’t drink from a bottle, they will use other ways to get him to drink his milk. Another worry I had was that of my son going to Toddler class in 5 months’ time, I requested for Teacher Karen to share the curriculum, schedule, feeding menus and a tour of the toddler class premises with me (in addition to the tour of the infant unit), which she gladly did. In fact, Teacher Karen was very warm and forthcoming in addressing my questions and concerns. As an educator myself, I am very particular about awareness towards Special Educational Needs which I believe can be better managed with early intervention. Therefore, I posed Teacher Karen some questions on this topic and was heartened to note how teachers at the Centre had previously handled such cases. Another observation I made when I was at the Centre was how happy the kids were. The teachers were very friendly and given the tight enrolment (i.e. they have only 1 class per level from Toddler to K2 class), the teachers and kids from the different levels know one another. I also noted that the rapport between teachers and kids is very good. All in all, I spent a good and fulfilling 2 hours during that visit.
Given the very positive experience that generated good vibes from the first visit, I called up the Centre and confirmed my son’s enrolment. Teacher Karen was very understanding and thoughtful in in that she didn’t felt it was necessary for me to pay another trip down just to collect the forms, so she emailed them to me. My husband then went down to the Centre after a few days to pay the deposit and hand in the completed forms. Thereafter, Teacher Karen emailed me the infant class checklist on what to bring on the first day. A week before the date of enrolment (sometime in early Dec 2012), Teacher Karen called me to inform that there was a case of HMFD in the school and asked me if I can delay my son’s enrolment. She also advised me on how I can better help ease my son into the centre’s regime by allowing him to stay for longer hours each day over a period of a week until he goes there full-time. The teachers were fantastic in that they were patient in training my son to drink his milk from a straw cup and to improve his ability to chew his foods. Another apparent thing I observed was the strong rapport between the teachers and parents. All in all, I feel that the teachers not only educate the kids, they educate the parents.

Up to a month before moving onto Toddler class at 18 months, the teachers helped ensured a slow but steady transition for my son. They started with introducing him to the play time at the indoor playground with the other kids, having tea time with his toddler classmates and joining the toddlers for activities. With the guidance and handholding by the caring teachers, my son’s transition to toddler class was nothing but smooth. My son really enjoys his time spent at the centre. I also noted that since he started at Global kids, my son has made vast improvements in his ability to comprehend what I say, and to verbalize his thoughts. Another thing which I am very thankful for is that he (who is now in Toddler class) is now very adventurous with foods and is eating very well. Just last week when I brought him for a checkup, his PD commented that he is growing well and has in fact moved to a higher percentile chart for weight gain! ^^ :please:

Donchelsabb
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby daffytlh » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:08 am

School is ok but dont take its bus. The return bus driver is very rude. My mum and me had bad experiences dealing with him when we put my son on the bus.Now thinking whether to withdraw him from the bus service

daffytlh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Searchingyou » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:18 pm

$1300 before subsidy which slighty lesser than Learning vision..

Is the Centre worth the price?

Less parking slot is my main concern to opt out Globalkids.

Searchingyou
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Madangel00 » Sun May 03, 2015 1:39 am

Recently I went to visit the centre. Fees is less than $1.1k before subsidy.

The plus point is it's very near to my office, and I see the kids are quite well behaved. However what's put me off is the kids are using those disposable foam plates which I feel it is not very healthy to use it in long term esp for kids

Madangel00
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Madangel00 » Sun May 03, 2015 1:39 am

Recently I went to visit the centre. Fees is less than $1.1k before subsidy.

The plus point is it's very near to my office, and I see the kids are quite well behaved. However what's put me off is the kids are using those disposable foam plates which I feel it is not very healthy to use it in long term esp for kids

Madangel00
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools