Kinderland

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Kinderland

Postby redrose » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:11 pm

Original Title: Kinderland vs MMI vs Learning Vision

HI
Anyone has information/comments about Kinderland Pre School At Serangoon?? My girl due for N1 next yr.
Is Kinderland or Modern Montessori better???
Thanks in advance.

redrose
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Kinderland Pre school or MMI

Postby yippie131 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:27 pm

Hi, Redrose. I do have the same problem with you. Thinking whether to send my girl to MMI at Tampines Mart or Kinderland at Tampines Safra. Anybody send their kids to these kindergarden before? pls share your tots....

yippie131
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

MMI, Learning Vision or Kinderland

Postby Mummymama » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:53 am

Hello everyone!

Can anyone share with me the programmes provided by MMI, Learning Vision & Kinderland please? I am getting ready to enrol my 2yr old son in one of these centres near my house(woodlands). However, I am not able to get a feel of comfort at all. The teachers/staff at these centres, who brought us for the centre visits could not give me a comprehensive overview.

Help! I hope you guys can share with me some reviews/comments on the curriculum and programmes of these 3 centres.

Thanks thanks!

Mummymama
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Learning Vision

Postby almondcream » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi, I sent my daughter to Learning Vision in Tampines when she was 2 1/2 years old.

I only remembered that there were plenty of excursions (my husband even jokingly commented that they might have a share in the bus company responsible for ferrying the kids around). While Learning Vision is an established chain, I think each centre differs in terms of the quality of the teachers. I eventually pulled my daughter out after 1 year due to frequent turnover of teachers and the last teacher she had could not even write and speak proper English (I almost flipped when I read her incoherent message in the communication book).

My suggestion is don't just talk to the administrators; have a chat with the teachers who will be responsible for the class that your child might be joining so that you can at least assess their communication skills. Also ask for opportunity to observe the class in session.

I think the same goes for MMI which I believe charges a lot more. The one I visited in Tampines was so clamped and dark while my friends who have tried the one near AMK and another one near Jurong West were happy with their centres.

almondcream
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby starz » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:35 pm

redose,

i heard that kinderland at serangoon is good. I wanted to enrol my girl there but too bad they accept onl 3 years above.

starz
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

MMI, Learning Vision or Kinderland

Postby Mummymama » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi almondcream,

Gosh...that was really a bad encounter!! I would have flipped twice too. Then which centre did you enrol your girl after that? Initially my mind was set on MMI, but I had 2nd thoughts after reading reviews....

Mummymama
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby redrose » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:59 pm

Just send my girl to kinderland and enrichment after school.Kinderland is very good for playing but their phonic/maths not very good.I've checked MMI at Kovan not cheap $7xx for half day. my older girl attended Kinderland 3 yrs ago. She loves every min of it.Looking forward to sch everyday.

redrose
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby almondcream » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:18 pm

Hi mummymama,

My daughter is now in Schoolhouse by the Bay at Katong CC. She has been there since she was 3 1/2years old. It's definitely far from my place in Tampines but we love the conducive learning environment and the programs they offer - a balanced of academic, social development and asthetics. She has blossomed into a confident and sociable little girl, and is equally comfortable communicating in English and Mandarin (the latter was visibly lacking when she left Learning Vision). Most important of all, she likes school and her teachers are qualified, kind and encouraging.

Where do you stay by the way?

Cheers ... almondcream

almondcream
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Mummymama » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:00 pm

Hi almondcream,

I've heard a lot about Schoolhouse by the Bay, great sch. I stay in Woodlands..the ulu woody land :lol:

I understand LV has 30% of mandarin classes...if your girl is lacking in that aspect, then it must be really terrible. But from the various centres that I've visited, I noticed almost all of them engage chinese teachers, as in Chinese from China. Not sure if that's gd or bad... :?

I guess choosing the right schoo is also trial & error and is very subjective. But ultimately, I hope to be like you, choosing a school that offers a good balance. But where to find...hahaa....

The principal just called me and say there's a vacancy. Got to let her know soon, if not, she'll offer to someone else. Stressful lah :(

Mummymama
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby yippie131 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:00 am

MMI in tampines is abt 1100 per term only, for 2 hrs lesson a day... i visited Crestar today, Crestar and Kinderland are under the same management, there have more enrichment programme like ballet, drama, etc... Tomorrow will be going to Zoo-phonics for their opening in Tampines. Anybody have experience with Z00-phonics?

yippie131
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools