Giving Tre3 - New cozy and homely Playgroup. Special Promos!

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Giving Tre3 - New cozy and homely Playgroup. Special Promos!

Postby Giving Tre3 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:14 pm

A spanking new and cozy preschool and enrichment centre is now open at Thomson! You can visit our website at www.givingtre3.com or LIKE US at our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/givingtre3.

Our Opening Promotions include a waiver of registration fee and discounts off programme fees!!!

OUR PROGRAMMES

PRESCHOOL PROGRAMME (2 to 4 years old)
The best way to lay a strong foundation for children in their early years is to give them what they need as children. We need to recognise that children are whole people who have feelings, ideas and relationships with others, and who need to be physically, mentally, morally and spiritually healthy. Children learn best when they are given appropriate responsibility, allowed to make errors, decisions and choices, and respected as autonomous learners.

Learning Environment

At Giving Tre3, we provide a cosy and homely environment for young children aged 2 to 4 years to learn and interact in. We believe children learn most effectively when they feel at home in a new environment, and this would help them cope with the transition between home and school. Here, they learn to build relationships with their peers and their teacher.

Our Teachers
Our teachers are well-trained and qualified, with experience working in the early childhood industry. Most importantly, they share a great passion for their job and love working with children!

Learning through Purposeful Play

Young children learn in an integrated way and not in neat, tidy compartments. Hence, subjects such as mathematics and language cannot be separated. That is why we promote children’s learning through purposeful play.
The importance of self-initiated play, particularly for young children means that we give them the time and the open ended toys, like blocks, clay, and other manipulative that will give children the opportunity to create their own learning experiences.
We mistakenly project our grown-up conception of play onto the play of children. Yet for children in general, and for young children in particular, self-initiated play is a basic mode of learning. Through such play, children create new learning experiences that they might not otherwise encounter.

Well-resourced
At Giving Tre3, our teachers conduct well-planned and well-resourced play activities which allow for progression in a child’s thinking and understanding of the world around. We also provide a variety of stimulating learning resources, music CDs, books, table-top toys and manipulative to promote children’s holistic development.

Sand/ Water Play
We also offer opportunities to play safely outdoors as well as indoors. Water play and sand play offer rich learning opportunities for children. Children learn about the world through their senses and their first response to sand and water is a sensuous one. It is the pleasure which provides the motivation for their play. Through such play, children develop fine motor skills through manipulating tools, pouring, filling, stirring, etc., and develop hand/eye co-ordination e.g. pouring sand into containers, measuring water in a jug, and fire up their imagination by making sand shapes using moulds.

Dramatic Play

Our Dramatic Play Corner gives children the opportunity to express themselves and explore language freely. Language development runs through all dramatic play activities. Talking and listening skills developed through dramatic play form the narratives which are the basis of reading and writing.

Chinese Language immersion

As part of the interaction, children on playgroup programme will also learn Chinese language through songs, music & movement, word recognition, sentence construction, reading and games, with emphasis also placed on verbal skills. They will also learn to appreciate Chinese culture and traditions through certain immersion activities.
Each child will be assessed individually and learning will be paced accordingly.
Quality education is about three things: the child, the context in which learning takes place, and the knowledge and understanding which the child develops and learns.

That’s what Giving Tre3 aims to achieve. And that’s where Joyful Learning is a Gift!

Our preschool programme is held daily from Monday to Friday; 3 hours per day.

Giving Tre3
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Giving Tre3 - New cozy and homely Playgroup. Special Pro

Postby Giving Tre3 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Giving Tre3
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Giving Tre3 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:20 pm

Giving Tre3
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Giving Tre3 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:06 am

:rahrah: :rahrah: GIVING TRE3 GRAND OPENING PARTY :rahrah: :rahrah:

It's Giving Tre3's Grand Opening Party and we are inviting YOU!!
Lots of fun activities for families and children! Plus Special Promotions just for parents who sign up for our programmes on that day!

Face painting, Reading Eggs demo, balloon sculpturing and many games and activities!

We are also giving away FREE GOODIE BAGS to all children! (While stocks last).

So mark down the date on your calendar and join us for a fun time on
26 January 2013 Saturday, 9am to 2pm!

Giving Tre3
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Giving Tre3 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:06 am

READING EGGS PROGRAMME (4-8 years old)
Originated from Australia, the ABC Reading Eggs programme has been developed by a highly experienced team of teachers, educational writers, animators and web developers. It focuses on a core reading curriculum of skills and strategies which are essential for sustained, reading success.

The ABC Reading Eggs lessons reinforce best practice research in how children learn to read. Each lesson focuses on the fundamentals of reading, stressing the skills that make a real difference in a child’s reading ability. These include phonemic awareness, letter sounds, high frequency sight words and reading connected text.

The lessons use animation, activities and reward games to keep children motivated. The programme is completely interactive to keep children on task. Children want to come back because they are having fun as they learn. When children start the programme, they can complete a placement quiz to ensure they are starting at the correct reading level.

Learn skills: Children complete animated online lessons where they learn essential reading skills. The variety of fun activities within each lesson provides the repetition needed for these skills to become part of the child’s long term memory.

Read books: Children gain confidence by reading books online that only contain words they have already studied in the program.

Earn rewards: Children earn `golden eggs’ as rewards for work completed. They can use these `eggs’ to buy reward games.

Quiz: After 10 lessons, children complete a Mastery Quiz. This provides you with a report of what your child is learning.

Stepping Stones Reading

Maps 1 to 4 - Starting Out in The Zoo

Step 1 - Starting Out in the Zoo is aimed at 4 - 6 year olds who have little or no reading skills. This is where all children can begin to learn to read. By completing the 40 lessons in the Starting Out set, children will learn their first reading skills. This includes learning the sounds and names of the alphabet letters, reading their first sight words, such as the, I, and, is and see. They will also learn the essential phonic skills needed to read three letter words such as cat, fan and Sam. Children will then be able to read their first simple stories featuring Sam the ant.

Maps 5 to 8 - Beginning to Read in The Playground

Step 2 - Beginning to Read in the Playground - builds on skills learned in Step 1 with a focus on short vowel words such as cat, dog, ten, fish and duck and on building reading skills. Children will learn many more high frequency sight words, build word families and read another 40 books. Some of these books will be nonfiction titles with a focus on building vocabulary in these areas - numbers, facial features, and animals as pets.

Maps 9 to 12 - Building Confidence at The Theme Park

Step 3 - Building Confidence at the Theme Park - covers long vowel words such as cake, kite, rain, cook, seat and cute. These new phonic patterns are introduced and reinforced so that children can read them fluently and spell them correctly. There is an increased focus on reading for meaning, comprehension and understanding longer words and sentences. Children read 40 new longer books. Some of these books will be nonfiction titles with a focus on building vocabulary in a variety of key areas.

At Giving Tre3, we provide the conducive learning environment and resources to help your child pick up reading, and most importantly develop the interest and joy in reading.

Class is held once a week; 1 ½ hour per session, 10 sessions in a Term.

Giving Tre3
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Giving Tre3 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:07 am

Parent Testimonials

My children love Reading Eggs. They enjoy learning to read and spell with the lessons. My son struggled with other phonics programs. But he loved Reading Eggs. Opening a new egg after each lesson kept him motivated to finish the program. My daughter loved the skill bank part of the program. She was glad Reading Eggs had a spelling section.
L. Taylor

My child LOVES Reading Eggs! This program has been exactly what I’ve been looking for. We tried two other popular reading programs and while they were fun, just didn’t translate to my child becoming a reader. He’s a reluctant reader, capable but frustrates easily. With Reading Eggs I have never witnessed an ounce of frustration, just watched my son having fun. And even better – I’ve watched him start to read in such a natural progression that is a beautiful thing to watch. Thank you, Reading Eggs!
C. Bryant

My first grade son truly enjoys his time on ReadingEggs. It has helped him in particular with sight words, word families, fluency, and confidence. He loves to “hatch” his new characters and collect the golden eggs. The beginning evaluation accurately placed him at the correct level, allowing him to be successful and challenged.”
Anne S.

Readingeggs is simply Amazing. I didn’t expect this kind of an edutainment website when I first heard about it. we learnt about it through co-op and went for the free trial. My kids simply loved it. we took up the membership in the middle of summer vacations and within these 2 months my son is reading fluently(just started grade 2)the younger one(in Kindergarten)is reading 3 – 4 letter words already. My older son has jumped from map 8 to map 12 and in a week’s time he will be done with the whole website. I wish and pray that the Readingeggs team introduce more lesson plans to take this wonderful reading journey many steps further.
Umm Bilal

Reading Eggs has been a terrific addition to us. Each of my 3 kids aged 3, 5 and 7 beg me to let them play and I think that is how Reading Eggs really differs from the others; it is not a chore for them to be using it, and after they complete their lessons, they are then allowed to play in the extra rooms and games which gives them an incentive to finish the lessons well. They are learning their letters and the sounds they make to reading small words in as little as 10 minutes a day. My two smallest are now able to recognize words in their own books that we read, and my 7 year has learnt to read fluently solely from Reading Eggs.

I have to put a limit on how much time they are allowed to be on Reading Eggs, or they will be on there all day. I will continue to use Reading Eggs for many years to come and cannot recommend it highly enough.
Amanda B.

Reading Eggs has been the best purchase for this year. Our 8year old dyslexic son loves and learns from this visually exciting program. It has helped his reading and also his writing as he has started his own “Reading Eggs” story book! He draws his own map, creates characters for each level and writes a story for each one. Amazing!

Edyth N.

We LOVE Reading Eggs! My son is 5 and had previously demonstrated only a little bit of interest in learning to read. He would get easily frustrated when we tried to read simple early reader books. Well, we gave Reading Eggs a try, and it has been a HUGE hit! He loves the games, he loves earning more eggs, he loves advancing to a new level it’s been great! It provides just the right amount of challenge for him; he is learning SO much and yet the frustration level is very very low, which is perfect for my budding perfectionist. His father and I are quite honestly shocked and amazed at how FAST he is learning to read, and he is surprising us all the time recognizing real words out and about in the real world. Not only that, but did I mention that my son LOVES to play? I’ve never once had to ask him to do it. Every time I remind him that it’s there, he jumps on the opportunity. In fact, I often have to ask him to finish up, because he wants to keep playing and learning longer than I expect! In summary, we just LOVE the program, and I would recommend it highly to all my friends.
Chessa

My daughter is 4 years old and is learning to read. We tried Reading Eggs to supplement her learning and have absolutely no regrets.

At the beginning, the child takes a placement test, so they can begin at the correct level and not be bored or frustrated. I find this extremely helpful.
Not only is Reading Eggs educational, but it is really fun. My child especially likes earning “eggs” as she completes tasks (these can be used to “purchase” items inside the game). The characters and songs are silly and fun, while the tasks are challenging and progressively more difficult.
We have used several free and trial subscriptions to other phonics programs, but Reading Eggs has by far been our favorite. I would recommend it to any parent looking for a fun way to re-enforce phonics lessons.

Flora, Co-op Member

I am amazed and how much my 3-year-old is learning with Reading Eggs! He can identify all of his letters and knows their sounds. At the rate he’s learning, he’ll be reading by Kindergarten. He LOVES to “play” it and views it as fun, not work.
He had never used a computer before trying Reading Eggs, but it’s presented in a way that is intuitive for him, as he can work his way through it on his own. He was even using the mouse like a pro after the first day!"

R. Martz

My daughter loves Reading Eggs! She is so excited by the progress she has made through the site. She enjoys the games and is learning so much. I highly recommend it. It is great for learning phonics and letter sounds. The games are fun and educational. We will continue to use Reading Eggs until she is reading on her own!
Alycia A

Extracted from http://www.readingeggs.com

Giving Tre3
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Giving Tre3 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:07 am

PRIMARY SCHOOL PREPARATORY PROGRAMME (6 years old)

Young children who can listen, pay attention, and remember directions and control their behaviour will benefit more from preschool and be better prepared for Primary School.

Besides introducing an important foundation in English Language and Mathematics, our Primary School Preparatory Programme (PSPP) incorporates Social Emotional Learning (SEL) that teaches self-regulation and executive-function skills that help children manage their feelings, make friends and solve problems. Such soft skills will put them in good stead in Primary School and beyond.
Here are a few reasons why teaching social-emotional learning is so important to our children:

~ Students who participate in SEL programs have grade point averages that are 11 percent higher than their peers (Zins, Weissberg, Wang, & Walberg, 2004).
~ Students who participate in SEL programs score higher on standardized tests (Payton et al., 2008).
~ Students who participate in SEL programs are less likely to engage in high-risk behaviours that interfere with learning, such as violence and drug and alcohol use (Hawkins et al., 1997)
~ Schools that teach SEL have fewer suspensions and expulsions and better student attendance (Dymnicki, 2007).

The colourful photo-lesson cards, accompanied by songs and videos, make each session vibrant and lively, while Brain Builder games implicitly teach executive function skills.

At Giving Tre3, we dont’t just prepare your child for Primary School, but also prepare them for life.

Class is held once a week; 2 hours per session, 10 sessions in a Term .

Giving Tre3
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Giving Tre3 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:08 am

We are having a Facebook promo now! Giveaway ends tonight at 11PM!!!

:rahrah: Stand a chance to win a free trial of our Reading Eggs programme and POPULAR Bookstore vouchers!! Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/givingtre3 NOW!!! :imcool:

Our website is at http://www.givingtre3.com.

COME CHECK US OUT NOW!

Giving Tre3
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Giving Tre3 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:17 pm

RSVP by emailing to enquiry@givingtre3.com or through our facebook page http://www.facebook/givingtre3 now!

Giving Tre3
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Giving Tre3 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:01 pm

:congrats: Grand Opening Party Update! :congrats:

10:00am - 10:10am - Lion Dance Opening Ceremony
10:30am - 11:30am - Face Painting and Balloon Twisting
11:30am - 12:00pm - Story Time and Art & Craft for the kids!

Games happening throughout from 9am to 2pm.

Come join in the fun! Like us on http://www.facebook.com/Givingtre3

Promotional discounts for new parent signups and FREE GOODIE BAG for your child! (while stocks last)

Giving Tre3
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools