Little Skool House @ OCC (On the Green)

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Little Skool House @ OCC (On the Green)

Postby yukiro » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:06 pm

Hi, this is my first post as I only found a thread under Little Skool House (General). This is meant for parents who has their child in LSH@OCC. I recently enrolled my child for full day care program and am a little overwhelmed attending the orientation for these 2 days. Just a post to share my thoughts ...

Teachers were too young and unexperienced. Though the teacher student ratio was about 1:8 for younger group. The class has enrolment of 16 and consists of a young trainee teacher and one experienced teacher. Am wondering whether attachment or trainee teacher could be counted for the T-S ratio?

There were fights in the other classes and the teachers were too engrossed in caring for the immediate kids around them that they were not aware of what was happening...

I personally saw a boy running out of the front gate and I had to lead him back to alert the teacher...

The older kids groups were fine and the teachers were experienced but the group of teachers that were deployed for the younger group seems quite unreasonable. If I had wanted to enrol my child to be taught under trainee-attachment teachers, I could have sent him to other childcare at a lower price?

Just ranting off... Perhaps some other parents could share their experiences as well. . ><

yukiro
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Little Skool House @ OCC (On the Green)

Postby gessim » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:53 pm

Hi,

Anyone care to share their experience with this childcare? I have placed my girl on their wait list.

gessim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools