Little Neuro Tree

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Little Neuro Tree

Postby claricegoh » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:09 pm

Any1 has got comments on the above for the branch at hougang? Are they good? :wink:

claricegoh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Anyone has comments on Little Neuro Tree?

Postby kovankitty » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:35 pm

claricegoh wrote:Any1 has got comments on the above for the branch at hougang? Are they good? :wink:

Hi

Are u referring to the one along Upp Serangoon Road? Well I attended the trial sessions with my then 10-mth-old boy in June. The school advocates right-brain training, and hence charges a pretty steep fee of $600 for every 12 weeks, with no make-up sessions allowed.

IMHO, I feel that the activities they do are 'so-so' only, esp for the price they charge. After attending their trials, I feel that their activities like memory matching, flash cards, sorting etc activities do not deserve to command a price of $600/term. I feel that they just simply put a price tag of $600 just to have a piece of the right-brain education pie (to differentiate themselves from the norm $300+/term enrichment centres) and yet lack the ' real substance' to charge as high as Shichida. Besides they have an inflexible policy of not allowing make-up classes, knowing that young children esp babies fall sick easily.

If one really wanna go for right-brain education, choice of shichida would be better. I personally have not tried that but I believe since they are one of the pioneers in this area, they should be more reliable. Why settle for something 'in-between' when u can have a full-fledged one?

kovankitty
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby swansea » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:39 pm

shichida do have very good program for right brain development, my kid used to study there. Not sure for Little Neuro Tree, I guess the program should be quite similar to shichida, as I know some of the staffs in little neuro tree used to be from shichida.

swansea
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Wesim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:14 am

Some correction:

Little Neuro Tree is not just about right brain. They emphasize on WHOLE BRAIN. They don't have activities like speed reading and linking memory (for right brain development). But, they do have left brain education e.g. puzzles, Montessori activities, hands-on activities that play with writing and maths.

The goal is to provide a lot of healthy right brain stimulation while a child's brain is in the "right brain window"--before bridging to the left brain when the left brain pathway becomes active at around age 2 (can be before or later).

Wesim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Anyone has comments on Little Neuro Tree?

Postby cookiecreature » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:58 am

[Besides they have an inflexible policy of not allowing make-up classes, knowing that young children esp babies fall sick easily]

My 2 years old son is currently attending LNT (since jan 2009). I can choose not to send my son to LNT when he is ill, the school will refund $20 if you produce MC for the lesson that you missed. There is no replacement classes.

Whereas my 5 years old daughter who is currently attending SM, does not have such benefit, don't mention about replacement classes.

Hence in this area I am happy with LNT policy. (You may like to call LNT to clarify on this doubt)

I would like to share my opinion on how I feel about LNT & SM.

I am a full time working mum. I used to think that as long as I send my kids to the best enrichment classes, I can relax because the expertists will coach my kids and my kids will excel in school.

I heard that SM is good for young kids of up to 6 years old, they can do wonders to our kids memory.... Little did I realise that the so call superb result is obvious if we as a parent carried out home pratice.

I have an upperhand to compare both center but I choose to believe that both are good and both have their strengths. The main educator here is the parent ourselves.

My daughter has been attending SM since oct 2008 at age of 4+. I did not started home pratices until this year in June. I do see great improvement after that the regular home pratice. I must say that these are hardwork.

cookiecreature
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Wesim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:46 pm

Agreed with cookiecreature: Parents are still the BEST EDUCATORS. Although I send my princess to enrichment classes, i will still teach/guide and read to her almost every day. It is also a great way to bond, kiss and hug your little one (as rewards) every day :grphug:

Wesim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby swansea » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:58 pm

Agree. Have to teach and guide my kid almost every day. Feel great when you see your kid improve day by day.

swansea
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kovankitty » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:36 pm

The so-called refund of $20 is more of a rebate and can be used only for the next term. Which means one has to commit to signing up with them once a term is over. To me, this is juz a ploy to retain customers.

MC is only valid if the class falls on the same day that the child goes to see the doc. What if the child goes to see the doc a day or two before? Everyone knows that common illnesses like flu, cough, fever etc don't recover easily such that the child can go back to class the next day. And not forgetting that each class a week costs a good $50. I'm not surprised if there are parents who would still bring their child who are not even fully recovered (but may appear so) to class juz not to 'waste' the $50.

kovankitty
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tigger18 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:42 am

Hi,
Anyone interested in Little Neuro Tree in Bugis?
I am looking mummies who child is born in 2007 to form a class with my boy on Thurs, 12-1pm. Any mummies interested?

tigger18
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby arielle08 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Hi,

Anyone did a detail comparision between Shicida and LNT?

I attended a briefing by LNT before.
I was told that the key difference is different languages offered by LNT
and for shicida, they have esp and energy ball training not offered by LNT

I read from the forum that LNT do not have linking memory which is impt.

Is this linking memory something thought in Mindchamps?

arielle08
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools