Cherie Hearts

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Cherie Hearts

Postby junkfood » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:06 pm

[Moderator's note: Please note that all posts regarding Cherie Hearts @ Gombak will be removed as it is under KiasuParents.com's site restrictions. Thank you for your cooperation. ]
ok i finally turn up at the cherie hearts open house!! i think it was a great centre....very spacious and the staffs were all friendly...somehow the centre gives me a good feeling..so i finally enrolled my child there yesteday..no bad laa should give that a try :D i hope my daughter likes it there...she was already running around and exporing the center.

junkfood
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Great open house! cherie hearts SAF CDC@ depot

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:11 pm

junkfood wrote:ok i finally turn up at the cherie hearts open house!! i think it was a great centre....very spacious and the staffs were all friendly...somehow the centre gives me a good feeling..so i finally enrolled my child there yesteday..no bad laa should give that a try :D i hope my daughter likes it there...she was already running around and exporing the center.

Hi junkfood! Really appreciate your review of the open house. I'm sure others will find it useful to their research.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Cherie Hearts - Charlton Lane

Postby hmjer » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Hi,

Anyone has any comment/feedback on Cherie Hearts at Charlton Lane? Deciding whether to send my child there. Thx!

hmjer
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby eemommy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:19 pm

Junkfood,

How's your girl doing in the childcare so far?
Which class your girl in now?

I also thinking to put mime there but wish can get some feedback from you first.
Thanks.

eemommy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby winth » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:31 am

Hi there,

I've been to CherieHearts and changed my son from Jurong East Branch to CherieHearts from HarbourFront.

He was with JE branch for a year before I changed him out because my son was bullied there, he came back with a big 'nail-scratch' bruise near his eye and had his tooth filling dropped out. Had no problem with the teachers in CH in Jurong East if not for that bully. Just to be fair, my child wasn't the only one who was bullied by the same boy there. Else, the teachers there are really good and caring. Would seriously have considered continued there.

Changed him to HarbourFront (their supposedly HeadQuarters) and they had their webcam for that school and it was fully air-conditioned. Few concerns that I had: 1) the childcare centre's door is unlocked and the bigger kids who are strong enough and somehow open the glass door (somemore it's a glass door, so dangerous) and head to the lift lobby to get out of the building. 2) The entrance can be opened by any stranger and the teacher don't even recognise whether it is a parent or a stranger who has come to fetch the kid 3) Most teachers there are foreigners (China and India)

My personal experience at HarbourFront:
- I was quite late, and reached the childcare at 7:30pm (their latest pickup was 8pm); by then most teachers and students were gone for the day. The administrator office was empty and I went in and saw my boy and 2 other children at the table. I took my boy and took him out of the childcare centre without anyone (not a single soul from the childcare centre) to note that I've come to fetch my boy.
- Another occasion, my boy had opened the doors and was waiting for me at the lift lobby when I came. I asked how come he's not at the childcare centre, he said he was bored and came out to look for me. No one had saw him come out :roll:

Within 3 months from this childcare centre, I had him taken out and put him in into a neighbourhood school as he was 3 by then and had qualified for a school and I've made arrangements so that someone is there to pick him up. I've never looked back since and I won't be putting my 2nd boy into this childcare (at least not in HarbourFront).

I do hope standards there have improved since they do quite a lot of marketing. But I actually don't like their uniform colour (dirty yellow and purplish-red shorts).

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby eemommy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:46 am

Thanks Winth for sharing. It I were you, I will withdraw my child from the childcare too. How can them leave the kid in the center alone without any guardian? You should feedback it to the branch director.

Yeah. Actually I personally find pre-school / kindergarden teacher are more caring and nice to the student compared with the teacher in childcare. Perhaps it because the working hours for them shorter?
My boy attending some playground in a church kindergarden and his teacher is very very nice. But it is only 3 hours class.

You are right. I visited some childcare and noticed most of the teachers/helper there are from China/india. And I saw some helpers in certain center really shout to the children too.

eemommy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby winth » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:56 am

Hi eemommy,

No pro at all! Thot I should inform parents about my 'scary experience' there. Was even thinking of putting my 2nd boy into infant care back then. *Phew*

I would definitely vote for the schools. They are better (and definitely cheaper too). The teachers are usually locals and this school (locks their wooden door). Hehe...

We can save those $$ for more enrichment classes rather than go for the branded childcare centres.

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mintcc » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:26 am

Thanks winth! I was actually quite tempted to switch my kid to CH at JE or Harbourfront a few months back. I tour the JE branch and replace is spacious and nice. Now I am glad I let my boi stay in his current childcare.

Can share which school you boi is in? You mean they have child care services for 3 year olds in school?

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby winth » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:33 pm

Hi mincy,

I like the teachers at CH at JE branch but am not sure if there is any change since I left like 2 years ago. But if your child has no problem in his current daycare, suggest you don't make any switch.

Now my boy is in Queenstown Good Shepherd. It's a school with no childcare services. I had to arrange for someone to pick him up after school.

If you could arrange for help to pick your child up, would suggest that they go for half-day (and not a full day), bec most centres don't conduct any lessons in the afternoon. After the child has had their afternoon nap, tea break and then that's it - free time. Might as well leave your child home with your helper or your parent's.

My boy was bullied right after I converted him from half day to full day, and he fell sick more often than when he was in half day morning, not to mention all the mosquito and insect bites he got from those mattresses he slept on.

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mintcc » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:56 pm

yes, the teachers I tlk to was nice. In fact she also suggest that it is best not to change if my kid is already settled in his current school.

In general, I am happy with his current school too, just that it is a bit of a rush to pick him up after work.

I have heard good things about Queenstown Good Shepherd, in fact from one of the other mums of my boi's current child care who feels the curriculum is not sufficient in the childcare. Unfortunately, have to pick him up myself so school is probably not such a good choice for me...

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools