Sparkletots Paya Lebar

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Sparkletots Paya Lebar

Postby jache78 » Wed May 15, 2013 12:39 am

Hi there,

Does anyone have any feedback about PCF Sparkletots Paya Lebar (located at 221 Hougang Street 21)? Am considering to send my child/children to the infant care and child care there. Price-wise it's a lot cheaper than the private child and infant care centres but I don't know how dedicated and caring the teachers and caregivers are. Thus any feedback or opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

jache78
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Sparkletots Paya Lebar

Postby Babydar » Fri May 24, 2013 12:15 am

My child has been attending this childcare. No major issues to date. Hardly fall sick. I find the teachers caring and attentive towards the children. He has learnt a lot since he joined.œ

Due to the price, I feel satisfied with the quality of service they're providing. They have a very structured, orderly and organize system in place.

I suggest that you view the place and make sure that you're comfortable with the set up and children to teacher ratio for your child age group. Talk to the principal to find out more on their activities. Not too certain about the waiting list though.

Babydar
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby sembgal » Fri May 24, 2013 12:17 am

May I know how long has your child been in the centre? It is surprising to hear that your child seldom fall sick. But I would like to highlight that most children do fall sick when they enrol in new centre as they are building up their immune system. Near to this centre is Pats Schoolhouse where children do fall sick and this is common in most childcare setting. Therefore, if a centre is really good, it is spread through words of mouth to residents in the neighbourhood.
Last edited by sembgal on Fri May 24, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jache78 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:21 am

Hi Babydar,

Thanks for your helpful feedback!

I have visited the centre and I was really impressed by how organised and clean the place is. I also had a good feeling from the principal as she patiently took us round and answered my (and my Dad's- who was with me) questions about the centre. Fees are also very reasonable, especially compared to those privately run centres.

The only thing that is keeping me from registering with them is that they seem to have 1 or 2 hours of "educational TV time" which I was not so comfortable with. Is it really the case that the kids have TV time during part of their day?

Thanks again.

jache78
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Babydar » Sat May 25, 2013 10:26 am

Semgal: coming to abt 6 mths. I will say the frequency of falling sick is higher then being at home but it's not that frequent till its bothering me. Good or not good is very subjective as different parents have different expectation of the cc.

Jache: yes, they do have tv time and in fact most cc has tv time as well at least for those I enquired. They have one at 5pm which will usually last approx. 1 hour. I do know they go to the assembly/video room to queue for their shower after lunch. I'm not too certain if they on the tv program then. Tv used to be also one of my main concerns. If I'm paying a lot more, I will be expecting much much more. But for this case, as long as the basic care giving service is rendered in a professional manner, there's nothing much for me to grumble. Anyway, seems like they are going for SPARK next year. Again, it voice down to the expectation of you on the cc. You considering the infant or child care side?

Babydar
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jache78 » Sun May 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Considering the infant care right now. However, I am also looking at the childcare schedule and curriculum cos I'm hoping my child can graduate on to the childcare once she hits 18 months.

I am debating between PCF infant/child care (which is a lot more affordable) and a "private" one which costs double but which may have a more substantial curriculum and hopefully include better prep for primary school. A bit too long term to think I know... : )

jache78
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools