Pibos Garden Preschool

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

PIBO'S GARDEN PLAYSCHOOL

Postby goingnutsaboutpreschools » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:31 am

:?: Hi. Does anyone have any reviews/experiences with PIBO's Garden Playschool? I would really appreciate some response!

goingnutsaboutpreschools
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Pibos Garden Preschool

Postby Sweety24 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:13 am

my friend enrolled her daughter (2 years old) in the Hua Guan branch recently. Went to have a look. very nice atmosphere. lots of craft work, colroful stuff and plenty of materials for children to play with. the girl has been going there for the past 3 months and she totally enjoys it. teachers update parents frquently, photos are send out via email and they are friendly. U may want to consider the school if you are looking for a preschool. teacher child ratio is small too: thumbs up

Sweety24
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Preschool by the Park vs Pibos

Postby orangepops » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:03 am

I sent my child to Pibo's for 6-months, but we have since moved him to Preschool by the Park. As a foreigner, we assumed that we simply had had to "downgrade" our expectations basing on our Pibo's experience as the teachers there seemed bored and the administrator "cold"...

But since we started in Preschool by the Park, we have found happiness and fascination with the Singapore educational system. The teachers in Preschool are very animated, caring, and thoughtful. Within our first week of signing up for the school, they had sent us daily personalized email updates on our son, invtations for in-school events, and an outreach program for an orphanage. I have met all their teachers, administrators, and even their cook.... all of them personally approached me to introduce themselves and to ask what would be needed for my son!

I guess the biggest difference for me was when I was just starting my child in both schools. Pibos would not allow me to stay in the school to see their activities. Preschool encouraged me to stay in the school for a whole day to see what was being done so that I can feel at peace and (more importantly) so I can help my son feel at peace. Note of course this was only one-day and not a daily accompaniment, but Pibo's admin was very strict against this. To be fair, this may be a more caucasian targetted school, and I am Chinese.

I consider my son's time in Pibo's has been a good learning for me. I suggest for you to consider asking how much involvement the school allows before enrolling your child. For me, I prefer being closely engaged by the school.

orangepops
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Pibo in Hua Guan

Postby orangepops » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:05 am

Follow-up to above, I sent my child to their Hua Guan campus.

orangepops
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Which preschool by the park

Postby zow » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:42 am

Which preschool by the park do you send your kids to now?

zow
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby cupcakes 03 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:01 pm

i just enrolled my little girl (she's 18 mths when i enrolled her there) in pibos (hua guan) and she has been there for nearly 5 mths already. since day 1, she enjoyed herself tremendously and looks forward to going to sch. the teachers there are all friendly and caring towards each child. what amaze me was that they knows each and every single child, their belongings and even shoes>> kids also tend to change shoes every single day(just like adults, hehehe). initially, i was very worried if my girl was able to adapt but my fears was unfounded. to my understanding, the teachers there are all diploma-trained and they have many years of experience in this line.

i would highly recommend this centre...

:D

cupcakes 03
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby LilVixen » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:19 am

Definitely agree with cupcakes. I am a local and I enrolled my son in Pibos. I chose Pibos mainly as a lot of my friends recommended it. I placed my child in..they did let me stay for about an hour the first day with my child and then second day on I left him alone. It is only a 3 hour programme I signed him up for. I did not see the need to stay with him the whole day. anyway he has been there almost a year and he absolutely loves school.He gets up in the morning now and says "Time for Pibos". I love it that he is happy. The teachers there are energetic and friendly. They update me regularly with photos and emails and chats. The supervisor/administrator is also very friendly. She is always smiling and bubbly. All the staff are able to provide me with professional advice for the development of my son.

I would say I give a thumbs up to this school if you are looking for play based school. The school has a mixed of locals and expat Asians and Caucasians. Check it out! All the parenst of the children in the school have very positive comments about the school.

Cheers.

LilVixen
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby HONEY BUNCH » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:09 pm

iTS INTERESTING TO SEE THE KIND OF EXPERIENCES PEOPLE HAVE. I HAVE LOOKED AROUND A FEW SCHOOLS IN THE BUKIT TIMAH AREA..I am staying in Toh yi..I really like Pibos, for one the name is unique, for 2, the administrator/supervisor was able to answer my concerns on how my child will settle down. My son is turning 3 in Feb. it is going to be his First time in school. I was given the chance to have a chat with the teacher who will be handling my son's class. Teacher child ratio is really small compared to a few schools i visited. The school is very colorful, can see a lot of children's work. Menu is more diverse..not just porridge or rice rice rice...but hey I am hoping for the best in my child just as every parent does. So i know I definitely want my boy to go there to get some expereince..will share with you more expereinces when my child starts..he is starting in jan by the way

HONEY BUNCH
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby dardar63 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:59 pm

are there any racism there in the school by the teachers/principal ? i read in another forum about a local mom whom received very -ve reception from the principal

dardar63
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

No Racism as I know of

Postby HONEY BUNCH » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:59 am

Hi I am back. By the way, my child is having fun in school. He loves going to school. The first week was a struggle..Speration anxiety the experts call it. But now he just gets up and wants to go. Phew..That is a relief for me. :roll:

Anyway the teachers are all local in the branch that my son goes too. Infact got all the races there. Chinese, Malay, Indian... So I do not think racism is a problem here,. In fact I was impressed by the different countries the children come from. They have Singaporeans and a wide variety of other nations.

HONEY BUNCH
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools