Why I'm paying so much more for a private child care centre?

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Why I'm paying so much more for a private child care centre?

Postby miereddy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:24 am

I'm going to send my 18 months boy to the learning vision @ Surbana and it costs us $877 per months after subsidies. This seems a lot higher than the church playgroups about $700 per term (10 weeks), or the PCF playgroups only $200 - 300 a month...

Seems the principal in the centre cannot tell me why they need to charge higher compare with others ... I just need to find a reason that the money was spend for something better. Any parents can share with me?

Many thanks in advance :)

miereddy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Why I'm paying so much more for a private child care cen

Postby SAHM_TAN » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:55 am

miereddy wrote:I'm going to send my 18 months boy to the learning vision @ Surbana and it costs us $877 per months after subsidies. This seems a lot higher than the church playgroups about $700 per term (10 weeks), or the PCF playgroups only $200 - 300 a month...

Seems the principal in the centre cannot tell me why they need to charge higher compare with others ... I just need to find a reason that the money was spend for something better. Any parents can share with me?

Many thanks in advance :)

Are the playgroups at church and PCF the few hours type? For learning vision it would be full-day.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby miereddy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:34 am

Hmm, good point. Some of them are half day and some are full day as well.

miereddy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby SAHM_TAN » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:31 pm

miereddy wrote:Hmm, good point. Some of them are half day and some are full day as well.

For a full day prog besides the curriculum, there will be breakfast, lunch and tea-break, plus the kids will shower. All these add up to the operating cost. Plus they will look after the kids till 7pm or is it 730/8pm, I can't remember liao.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby miereddy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:41 pm

LV is from 7:00 to 19:00 but most of the time parents will start to pick up the child from 17:30.

miereddy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools